Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve got a problem with the speedometer. When holding still with engine on isle, The speedometer goes crazy. It can read from 0 - 199 km/h when holding still. I´ve tried to fill the speedo housing with grease, but dosn´t work. Any other having same problem and how do you repair??
Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had the exact same problem, un plug your speed sensor behind the secondary clutch as it will add mileage to the sled just sitting there, I had it at the dealer for the tank replacement and asked them to check it out and they had to replace the guage, they were gracious enough to warrentee it. But it is a bad guage, not in the wiring .
good luck.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Someone else just posted a couple days ago with a problem like this but his problem was the speed sensor not the guage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the exact same problem, un plug your speed sensor behind the secondary clutch as it will add mileage to the sled just sitting there, I had it at the dealer for the tank replacement and asked them to check it out and they had to replace the guage, they were gracious enough to warrentee it. But it is a bad guage, not in the wiring .
good luck.[/b]

More than likely the speedo sensor on the driveshaft. Unplug and see if they guage stops bouncing.

Fusionpete

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you un plug it the speed will read 0
On mine I bought a new speed sensor and replaced it and it made no difference, I installed the new guage myself plugged it in and it works perfect,
So I now have a spare speed sensor if anyone needs it let me know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you un plug it the speed will read 0
On mine I bought a new speed sensor and replaced it and it made no difference, I installed the new guage myself plugged it in and it works perfect,
So I now have a spare speed sensor if anyone needs it let me know.[/b]
my e-mail is [email protected] i would by it

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Not to Hi-jack your post or anything but my max recall for my RPM's read 12000...Yes that is right I said 12 THOUSAND...lol Obviously it was a malfunction in the junction...lol...sorry I have to laugh cause thats just crazy. I seen it and i was like man WTF this thing is WAAAAYYYY overrevving...time to pile the weight to the clutch... :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Someone else just posted a couple days ago with a problem like this but his problem was the speed sensor not the guage.[/b]
i posted the other day about my speedo being out of control.it was my speed sensor on the shaft.57.95 part lists for.deeler had this tool where he spins the track and a light flashes.mine wasnt flashing like it was supposed too.fixed now!good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies. I talked to my dealer in Iceland and he will get answers and hopefully get me the part, that I need..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I´ve got a problem with the speedometer. When holding still with engine on isle, The speedometer goes crazy. It can read from 0 - 199 km/h when holding still. I´ve tried to fill the speedo housing with grease, but dosn´t work. Any other having same problem and how do you repair??
Thanks[/b]

My speedo is not working at all right now, it went down today. Everything works, just the speedomter shit the bed. It happened when i first got the sled, it was the sensor. I have no idea what happened this time. Guess i will find out when i return it to the dealer on monday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts