Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to sledding and bought myself a 2005 340 classic last year-Nov. 13, 2005. I was only able to take it out on the lake a couple times. I had a real problem starting it when I first received it and polaris agreed that it needed a new starter-should have been my clue to a "monday sled"! Got it back after 2 weeks, and was finally able to take it out for a day. Now the fun part. After running for about 20 minutes, I came to a stop (engine still on) and it died!! Husband took out spark plugs, cleaned, reinserted them and it started ok. Ran again-stopped and died. This happened 3 times. I got back home and called the dealer I bought it from and they suggested it was old fuel-to try fresh. Well we did that at the end of the season, which for me was that week-end. I only put 100 miles on it. This year, hubby was checking his compression on a new sled he bought (used) and he got a rating of about 100-but it does have 5000 kms on it, he was curious, and tested mine. It got a rating of 90!!!. I called my dealer yesterday, and he said that 90 is normal for a 340. My husband is a diesel mechanic and disagrees. He said it should be rating at least 125, seeing as it only has 100 miles on it. My question is, who do you think is right? do you think the low compression rating has anything to do with it dying after riding it? And, because I am 3 months past the one year warranty, what do you think I could do as far as getting it covered? I am so pissed off, the whole reason I bought a new machine, would be that it should be trouble free. I just want to ride (whenever the lake freezes!) and not worry about fixing things. I feel so ripped off. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts