Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How in the world do I get the battery out of this thing? On the left, I have the coolant tank. On the right, I have the 'barrier' that serves as a barrier between the battery and the pipe cannister. I don't really want to take the coolant tank out, and I can't see how to get the 'barrier' out.
Any insight will be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Originally posted by zr8000@Oct 15 2005, 01:43 PM
How in the world do I get the battery out of this thing?  On the left, I have the coolant tank.  On the right, I have the 'barrier' that serves as a barrier between the battery and the pipe cannister.  I don't really want to take the coolant tank out, and I can't see how to get the 'barrier' out. 
Any insight will be GREATLY appreciated!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931660
[/quote]

Take the + battery cable off...push/bend the "barrier" forward towards cannister...lift the front edge of battery up at a sharp angle and pull up/out far enough to remove the - cable. It's a tight fit but is will come out. What I did when I put mine back in was to reverse the battery/cables so the + was in the back and - in the front...makes it a lot easier to hook up the battery breather tube.

BTW...the "barrier" is sloted and is sandwiched between the battery tray and front bracket with two nuts....the bolts are spot welded into the tray.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Loosen the hold down and depending on which way it's in, take off the lead that is toward you then pull the battery straight up form the one corner that you took the lead off while pulling back the metal plate that holds it in place toward the nose of the sled. ( you'll be flipping the battery to it's long side vertically as you do this.) It's not going to slip right out but it does get easier the more you do it. When you reinstall it I think the foil side on the battery should face the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts