Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I currently have a 2002 800 efi cce, I can buy a 2004 sabercat 700 efi for $6000.00 out the door with a 3 yr warranty, first is this a good price? secondly what would be some pros and cons of the move, I ride 80% of the time on trails, not much if any jumping, but we like to ride fairly fast when safe to do so, 6'5" 270#, any input appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
price seem's not to far out of line, spicer's in houghton lake has 05-700-lx for 6988 plus tax setup, the ext model is 7088 plus tax and set up , I ride mostly trail at a good pace. the sabercat is for us old folk's the ride on my ext is soooo comfy, really like the longer track, it go's over the bump's also hook's up great. you really have too push it to see were a fire cat is any better.. i thought about getting the lx model, but whent with the lx-ext and glad i did, this sled will be in the family for year's to come, the wife refer's to it as her sled. she think's it is too fast but that doesn't stop her from riding it. ha ha , waiting too see what 2007 bring's guess i need another sled first the daughter kick's me off the f-5, then the wife boot's me off the sabercat, guess they can go and ride i'll stay at the motel. lol. i'm about 230 six foot and there seem's to be alittle more room at the back yet i'm thinking you would fit pretty good as far as length for your leg's the 700 is alittle peaky for some , doesn't bother me any it rock's :smiley-faces7: can't see any one not liking the sabercat if they bleed green... hope that help's alittle, :beerchug:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Babbits, from Muskegon, had a new 2004 Sabercat 700 without electric or reverse for 5175.00 at the Hastings MSA show.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't think I would go with a 04' Sabercat, maybe a 05'. I just traded in my 04' Sabercat 700 LX, I had many little problems with the electric start. See if u can get a deal on an F7 and put reverse on it, since there so easy to start. Gotta love the 700 power.

-put some new starter gears, new starter, ( both covered by warranty), but had to get a new battery after a year
-some electrical problems (warranty)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm 6'8" 260 My 04 Sabercat 700 LX is fast and comfortable. It took some time to get it set up, but after adding shaper bars up front and experimenting with the rear spring positions and limiter straps it rides and handles great. I love having electric start and reverse. I can load and unload it out of my pickup with no strain or back pain! I have had no problems with this sled. I would suggest if you get an 04 to upgrade the ski shocks when you buy it. In 04 they came with nonrebuildable RydeFX shocks that were a problem for some owners. I should have replaced mine last year, and didn't, but will be replaceing them this year.

JCTB

·
Registered
63 Posts
Love my '04 Sabercat 700 EFI - no elec. start or reverse. I'm 5'10
and only 165, so power/weight ratio is fantastic. Make sure you get
updates performed, especially the coolant hose one. This one can
allow you to burn down if you're not paying attention. Last year
4 of my trail buddies, from the Polaris side, swapped rides with
me - all expressed the smoothness of the sled and great power.
The 40-70 MPH powerband is especially fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts