Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I would like your honest opinion on the above sled. There is a place here in Ontario that is selling one fairly cheap (or at least I think). Its brand new, never ridden and they are asking 8500 CDN. Forgive my ignorance, but this seems like a good deal? I do not know too much about Polaris as I have been riding Cat for the last 4 years. I am not brand biased and in the market for a new sled. I was considering an F-Cat before I say this listing. I guess my basic questions are there any trouble spots that I should be concerned with if I buy this sled? Engine reliable? Clutching??

Also, as for the suspension. I know its billed to be a capable bump sled – but does it really perform in the real world? Would love some real (honest) opinions. Until know I have never considered a Polaris, but dam, I think the XRs in Orange look awesome. If anyone can help me out, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm jealous. I want one really bad.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Price of 8500 CDN is cheap I thought. Isn't that somewhere in $6500 american dollar range??

Pro XR 800 is the most highly evolved of all Polaris trailing arm suspended sleds for aggressive trail riding. If you ride smooth trails and don't look to pound the bumps it could be kinda harsh for you. If you like to crush the bumps then this is the machine for you.

I have an '04 pro x2 which is similar in a lot of ways to the XR 800 and I absolutely love it, and that's coming off an '03 Doo Rev. Many have said if Polaris would have simply styled the pro x line of sleds so they looked dramatically different then the other edge sleds they'd have sold a ton more.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That is cheap. They are a little stiff for the average person, other than that it is an awesome sled. Just revalve at your first shock rebuild. In my opinion of course.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by bonz50@Oct 6 2005, 12:16 PM
nice sled, and unless that is a new price it is high...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912309
[/quote]
Read his post "Its brand new, never ridden and they are asking 8500 CDN."

Originally posted by nhrev@Oct 6 2005, 01:25 PM
Price of 8500 CDN is cheap I thought.  Isn't that somewhere in $6500 american dollar range?? 

Pro XR 800 is the most highly evolved of all Polaris trailing arm suspended sleds for aggressive trail riding.  If you ride smooth trails and don't look to pound the bumps it could be kinda harsh for you.  If you like to crush the bumps then this is the machine for you.

I have an '04 pro x2 which is similar in a lot of ways to the XR 800 and I absolutely love it, and that's coming off an '03 Doo Rev.  Many have said if Polaris would have simply styled the pro x line of sleds so they looked dramatically different then the other edge sleds they'd have sold a ton more.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=912465
[/quote]
About $7100. Still a deal. Trust me you won't be disapointed. That sled looks so sick extended to 136" track. The pro xr chassis that it is based off is race proven so it is very strong and that engine is proven as well very fast sled. My dad considered buying one but decided he didn't like the orange. My cousins xr is my avatar sick sled never gotta ride it though he sunk it and sold it and bought a 05 switchback 800. He liked it but decided he needed more track under him and planned on extending it to 136 and doing more upgrades than clutch kit, jetting, gearing, big wheel kit and gutted air box. But as most know once a sled is sunk its never the same sled or atleast every time a friend of mine or someone I know sinks a sled has horrible problems or the sled is never on the mark like it used to be, especailly when the electronics fry.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
since it is brand new, yes that is a great deal, for a used one though i wouldn't pay over about 5-5300usd +/- depending on options...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
She's a great sled. In my mind there is no better sled for big bumps and jumps. There are a few on here who own the sled and can tell you all about it. Price seems great. Let me know if you have anymore specific questions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow!!! that is a great price I just bought a new one paid $7650us They have to be one of the best sleds out there!! but you must ride it hard on ruff trails to really appreciate it :beerchug: GO FOR IT YOU WILL BE HAPPY!!!!!! :div20:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Man, what a price, I'd be all over it in a heartbeat. But I am getting a used Pro-X2 700 sometime next week! Just paid for it, dealer just has to bring it to the airport and ship it out. Disappointing that Polaris pulled the Pro-X line of sleds, it was tons better than the standard XC chassis, lighter and more responsive. And they do look awesome with the 136" track installed.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I believe retail was 10g US. The sled is a blast. It out shines everything on the trail in the big bumps. The bigger the better. It's the only sled I ever owned where I actualy look to find the bumps. IMO there is plenty of suspension adj. to tailor it to your liking. In the air it flys flat & lands flat every time...very predictable. The seat is great..makes it easy to sling your butt off the seat in the corners & then back on. Handle bar hooks very fuctional. I put the Polaris race skis on mine & it handles like it is on rails, even with one ski in the air. It does like to lift the inside ski when cornering hard if your sitting straight up on the seat, but the lift is slow, predictable & controlable. Very easy to go from the sitting to the standing position & is great for stand up riding. I've changed some things under the hood so I can't tell you what stock power is like, but there is a ton of reliable aftermarket stuff out there to make this sled more then competitive with F7's, 900's, & 800 triples. Negatives, not much wind protection to chest & hands & therefore can get a little cool in sub zero temps. The funest sled I ever owned... period!

·
Registered
84 Posts
great sled !great price! jump on it and hold on. bought one last year for 8700 ! thought about selling but after debate im keeping it! no better sled for jumping or ditch banging period ! might not be the fastest but sure pulls harder to 80 then any stock sled i have ever ridden ! so yea get it you wont regret it at all ! unless your a lake racer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts