Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know all the recalls for a 2004 f7efi firecat because i think my dealer is [email protected] me around. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
shims for the secondary and coolant hose under the motor. Also you can get the ecu reprogrammed some liked it some didn't I didn't get mine done Thats all I can think of

·
Registered
430 Posts
Red plastic ski recall, and some are putting in tunnel brackets on the bend in the tunnel like the 05s although this is not a recall. Get your ecu reprogrammed. I like it. :banana:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
hood foam velcro replacements(only on affected vin models,,,,early production units)edit: easy way to tell if done is to look for square based "transparent" patches of "hook" material, if not installed, demand it, or you may be able to roast marshmallows trailside sometime :cn:

trim coolant hose under motor(all)

red skis(all red models)

oil level warning sending unit(units already sold are left to consumer as to wether they perform this themselves or have dlr do it, new units are dealer required to do so o leftovers)

removing a .030" shim from secondary(again only on certain vin units)

reprogramming ecus on efi units to improve low to mid range performance(snappiness/clean running)

at this time there have been no others that i'm aware of

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
not to hijack the thread, but how can i tell what recalls have been done? is there somebody that can run the vin and check? i bought the sled last year with 490 miles on it and did the clutch shim one myself.
thanks

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Your dealer can run your VIN thru Cat to see if the updates were performed by a dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts