Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a used 2004 F7 EFI Sno-pro tomorrow. Sled has approx. 1200 miles on it. What should I look for and what questions should I ask the guy about the sled? Recalls, updates, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys and Gals.

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts
Have a look at the kink in the tunnel and see if he added the update kit for strengthening. Look at the area where the front suspendion attaches and the steering links are in the bulkhead for cracks. There is an update kit you can buy to strengthen as well here. Pull the pipe off and look in the cylinder for scoring as some who did not run well had some scoring and compression loss. Good luck!

Jester

·
Registered
204 Posts
There was a recall on the coolant hose for the 04's,i wasnt aware till mine rubbed so much it was leaking.and ask if it has the updated low oil level sender. and there was an option to have the ecu reprogrammed on the 04's ( i had mine done,suppose to help performance) and thats all that i can think of for updates.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Knock on wood so far my 04 has given me 3800 trouble free miles. Like it so much I refuse to buy new. I was on the 2-3 year plan but love this sled...faster than my buddies 05 also. :banana: :dance2: :banana:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I will let you know what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts