Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 XC 700

Is there a Mag side ground that goes to carb boot assembly? I had removed my carb boots and just re-installed them.
Had a few things apart and I am missing something....Lost my fire, I have no ignition??

I had the stator off, but I used short bolts so I didn't go any further than 5/16'' in, I can't imagine I damaged the stator assembly...??? Never noticed anything obvious when I reasembled.

I have power on the electrical circuit but none on the ignition side..checked, all the coil wires/kill circuit/Throttle safety switch etc..everything checks out.....Headlight lights up when I pull it over,but no fire..

Thanks

Brent

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas?
Is an 03 Pro X 700 a 6 pulse stator the same as an 04 XC 700...I have a spare just in case, if it will fit....

If anyone can tell me for sure about the Mag Side ground wire it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brent

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can scan and post a schematic for an 03 if you need it.

Off the top of my head, seems like there is a black wire/ white tracer single pin connector just above the stator connectors outside of the recoil. If you disconnect that sucker it eliminates the kill circuit so you can eliminate the possiblility of a short to ground on the kill circuit up the column and handlebars. IF it starts, you won't be able to shut it off with the kill switch, choke it to kill it, but you'll know if you have a short to ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts