Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. Everything on my machine is stock, except has a front radiator. I think i'm looking at doing some things to the clutch and secondary to get more MPG. Don't know too much about clutching, so any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Also got a Tempa Flow on the way, so i guess i'll leave the carbs as they are and i'm at sea level.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Welcome to the forums, I know an Ulroan.
Set the fuel screws at 1 to 1.25 turns out, pilot jets to 40, air screw at 1 out, drop your needles to #2 from top. This will help alot. 62g weights in primary.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Set the fuel screws at 1 to 1.25 turns out, pilot jets to 40, air screw at 1 out, drop your needles to #2 from top.
[/quote]

would this work with the tema flow. i thought the carbs are supposed to be left at stock.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ran it like that on my VE 600 for 3 seasons and got up to 12-15mpg depending on conditions. Dropping the needles for now will net you 2mpg. Will work with a tempaflow.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody out there with Tempa Flow. I talked to a mechanic about Tempa Flow, he told me he wouldn't ever mess with those, said if the Tempa Flow gets ice in it, would mess up the engine. This true? I don't think so though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody out there with Tempa Flow. I talked to a mechanic about Tempa Flow, he told me he wouldn't ever mess with those, said if the Tempa Flow gets ice in it, would mess up the engine. This true? I don't think so though.[/b]
I have a tempa flow on my 2nd machine an 2001 600 XC SP and it works great the plugs are tan right from -20 to + 10 C. My base jetting is for -20 C so if I go out in colder temps i take it a little eazy. I did try one on a 2001 XCF 440 and it didn't work well on it because you had to change 2 jet sizes for every 10 degree temp change.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ran a Tempaflow since '02 on 4 sleds, no problems with them icing, ever! Some idiot mechanics don't know chit, being certified doesn't make them qualified. Never did hear of icing in them either. My service manager swears by them at ERPAC.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ran a Tempaflow since '02 on 4 sleds, no problems with them icing, ever! Some idiot mechanics don't know chit, being certified doesn't make them qualified. Never did hear of icing in them either. My service manager swears by them at ERPAC.[/b]
Have to agree with this. I am also on my third Holtzman, 2 vari-flows and 1 ATACC. These things work with vacuum. They apply vacuum to your float bowl to lean out the fuel flow. If it does freeze, which I have not seen, it will not apply vacuum, hence it will go full rich, or you will be back to what ever jets you have. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes all helps. I put in the 10-62 weights and i'm liking it. Should be receiving the Tempa Flow any day now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts