Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am pretty new to snowmobiling and don't know a whole lot about them. I have an exhaust valve leaking oil and was wondering if this is normal? If not what are my options, can the rubber valve be replaced or does the whole unit need to be replaced? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey everyone, I am pretty new to snowmobiling and don't know a whole lot about them. I have an exhaust valve leaking oil and was wondering if this is normal? If not what are my options, can the rubber valve be replaced or does the whole unit need to be replaced? Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/b]
Sounds like your bellows in the power valve housing is cracked or ripped causing the oil to leak. By any chance is it running poorly at higher RPM's? that would be your problem.
It isn't any big deal to replace them and you should clean them when they are out.
Here is what they look like

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Id agree that you have a torn bellows. I had one fail on mine once. No big deal. They are kinda pricey though: about $40.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't noticed if it was runninng rooprly at higher rpms, but I will take it out and have a look at it. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts