Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked in the past but here we go again........Has any one installed snopro springs on the standard "FRONT SKI SUSPENSION" shocks on a Firecat and what were the results. Better ride or worse or.................? Thanks up front :div20:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I would think that the rebound rate would match up poorly with the stiffer springs. Maybe some thinker shock oil would to the trick?? Good question, my F5 stnd is way too soft! (does tightening the front shocks with the retainer do any good?)

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SnoPro357@Oct 2 2005, 06:13 AM
I would think that the rebound rate would match up poorly with the stiffer springs.  Maybe some thinker shock oil would to the trick?? Good question, my F5 stnd is way too soft! (does tightening the front shocks with the retainer do any good?)
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=903474
[/quote]

I had my shocks rebuilt this week and the front end sags about 3" - 4". This is the travel in the upward direction that I can lift the sled body to the end of the shocks. I can also use my upper body weight and bottom the front end going downward. I did tighten the front springs to the top and it made "no" differance at all :dunno: There are about 2000 miles on the shocks and springs. I ordered new amsoil medium weight oil and will be installing it next but I still have a spring issue, I think :dunno: Anyone else have this same problem with the sag?

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ZR800DITCHDOCKER@Oct 2 2005, 06:32 AM
I had my shocks rebuilt this week and the front end sags about 3" - 4". This is the travel in the upward direction that I can lift the sled body to the end of the shocks. I can also use my upper body weight and bottom the front end going downward. I did tighten the front springs to the top and it made "no" differance at all :dunno: There are about 2000 miles on the shocks and springs. I ordered new amsoil medium weight oil and will be installing it next but I still have a spring issue, I think :dunno: Anyone else have this same problem with the sag?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=903480
[/quote]TTT

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
My F5 sags like that also. 1900 miles. I can lift on the front bumper and pick it up 4 inches or so before the skis come off the ground. That isn't a problem though is it? It is very soft in the front, easy to bottom out.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SnoPro357@Oct 2 2005, 08:27 PM
My F5 sags like that also. 1900 miles.  I can lift on the front bumper and pick it up 4 inches or so before the skis come off the ground.  That isn't a problem though is it?  It is very soft in the front, easy to bottom out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904623
[/quote]

Same here.... I'm thinking this is normal. :dunno: Were not getting many replies on the topic. I have a chance to purchase sno-pro springs and don't know if it is a fix or a bigger problem.
Any help would be appreciated :div20:

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
IMO it would be normal. Mine is that way. You need some cushion in there for dips and comfort and transfer I would think. If it was so stiff that it was rock solid that would be less desirable. I remember when I put the first miles on my sled the suspension was so stiff I was pissed thinking, what the hell did i just buy? Luckily it broke in and now is comfortable. Ofcourse I have been known to totally bottom my suspension out :beer:
bottomed out
[attachment=100491:attachment]

roostin barney doin about 60-80, look at the roost

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
changing to thicker oil is not going to make it ride higher if that is the reason for the medium oil. Spring preload or stiffer spring rate will raise the front. If you want to check your springs and see if they are bad, put a scale in press and compress the spring against it 1 inch. what is the weight on the scale. I am sure you will find it is less than the rating for the spring if the sled used to sit higher. Remeber springs carry the weight not the shocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts