Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would say 92 octane gas and a bottle of octane boost work to run a 2003 SnoPro? Gas stations where I ride don't have 110, and I couldn't carry a can with me all the time.

S

·
0 Posts
I use avgas half and half with regular comes out around 102 oct. along with the 2deg timing key it works well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Snowblind@Mar 5 2003, 12:37 AM
I use avgas half and half with regular comes out around 102 oct. along with the 2deg timing key it works well.
is that on a sled designed to run 110 Octane like the 2003 SnoPro 440 I am tlaking about?

S

·
0 Posts
The 440 pro is a nice sled, Avgas might be available to you where you live just look for small planes, and where they fuel up. it's about the same price as premium and has a octane leval of about 110. I usually buy a 45 and split it with a buddy. It has lead in it and they are not spose to sell to us but some do. I guess you could use the octain boost with the 92 but keep an eye on the plugs and listen for predetonation. where do you live?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I can readily get 110 but like I said a can on the sled just isn't happening. We ride lots of miles in Upstate new york. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We run 110 in the Yamaha Viper for grass drag, no real point my dad just wastes the money.

S

·
0 Posts
Careful with that Av-gas!

1. Its not 110 octane, its 100 Low lead. (lead is actually good)

2. Where its run in airplanes, it has De-icers in it. (lots of dri-gas). It is usually colder at high altitudes, thats why they do that. If a plane engine freeze's up, you can't just pull over and thaw it out!

3. Where as it is run in planes (high altitudes), its oxygenated. Less oxygen at higher levels.

So your running a fuel with lots of alcohol, and its oxygenated, in a sled with advanced timing, and high compression heads. :huh:

4. I have recently heard that the fumes from this fuel is know to help cause cancer. I say that all emissions from any vehicle will do this. oh well..

On a different note, I have seen a buddy run a 03 snopro on 92 pump fuel. They don't really need 110 straight race fuel. I don't remember where he said his timing box was set at, I would imagine -3.

Just some food for thought (or should I say fuel for thought?) :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
you can carry a 16oz can of torco accelerator. It is concentrated race fuel. Mixed with 93 octane it makes race gas. Not just a boost. The back of the can has a chart on how much to add to get to different levels of octane 97-110. I have used it instead of octane boost on my premium only sleds for years in the Up where gas quality can be suspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts