Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the headlight switch on the 2001 Edge models fails pretty frequently, but thanks to HCS members, I was able to fix the problem on my wife's snowmobile without buying a new $125 switch.

Recently I was riding with my son at night when all of a sudden the high beams on my 2003 Pro-X 600 stopped working. I doubt both bulbs would burn out at the exact same time, so I think the switch is where the problem lies. Is there an easy fix like there is for the early Edge models, or do I need to buy a new assembly? Is switch failure common on the 2003 Pro-X models?

Thanks.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know that the headlight switch on the 2001 Edge models fails pretty frequently, but thanks to HCS members, I was able to fix the problem on my wife's snowmobile without buying a new $125 switch.

Recently I was riding with my son at night when all of a sudden the high beams on my 2003 Pro-X 600 stopped working. I doubt both bulbs would burn out at the exact same time, so I think the switch is where the problem lies. Is there an easy fix like there is for the early Edge models, or do I need to buy a new assembly? Is switch failure common on the 2003 Pro-X models?

Thanks.[/b]

For 30.00 you can have a new switch. I have a 2001 XCF SP and a 2003 Pro X 700 and I have replaced switches on both of them in the past two years. I tried to fix the one but it did not work. Also---before you buy/fix or whatever you do check and make sure that the switch is pluged in. My XCF SP has a tendincy to come unpluged!!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Take the switch apart....not much to it..Contacts can become green....or the solder may have got hot and fallen out. It can be resoldered.

To take it apart remove E clip and keep an eye out for the small ball and spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re-solder the connections on the backside of the switch. When it has cooled, put some clear silicone over all the connections and let this dry. They wires will never fall off again.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Octane, you are talking about the small switch on the Pro-X, not the big housing on the Edge sleds, correct?

sledhead, I am planning to remove the switch today. I'll check the connections.

If I have more questions, I'll post them this afternoon.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Yes, the old style switch that the pro x has.
The advice I gave you is what my brother redxcr440 told me to type in.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Very common. I have had to solder mine 3 times already. Same wire every time. carefully solder it in place and your ready to go.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Are you running higher wattage bulbs??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts