Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching on here but i cant find the info I am looking for.. Right now I have my eye on a 2003 Pro-X 700 with about 2000 miles on it and a few extras. My questions are: does the sled have rezzies on it are they inside the belly pans, if not, how stiff is the suspension, I ride 90% pipelines and stiff suspension is a must. I weigh 205 so will the sled bottom out with the stock suspension?? How reliable are they?? How fast do they go, my friends ride a 2004 600HO SDI gade and a 2004 800HO gade.. Also, it has risers on it already, but im 6'3'' and i love to stand, how high can i go with risers without needing extensions?? What do you guys think is a good price for this sled??

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
suspension is very stiff and i doubt you will bottom out. there arent rezzies but its a great suspension. sleds are extremely reliable. stock they do about 100-101 mph, but the clutching should be changed. with a set-up from nickels or pockets on here, you should be able to see 110 on the speedo. the acceleration is wicked. you can go 6 inch risers without extensions. Price should be around 3500-3800 in my book. hope that answers your questions

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! Anybody else?

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
may not be the best sled off trail, but ditch banging you will have no problems with this sled! you need a 144 kit and at least a 1 1/2 track in anything deeper then 2' of fluff! My 136 x 1 1/4 is ok but going up hill in 3~4 ' I have burried it a few times..... NOT FUN, jump off pack the trail ahead of the sled for about 20' to get moving and grab a hand full of BRAAAAPPP. on a flat I can deal with 3~4' no problems just deep drift going up hill off trail forget it!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i meant the front reservoirs on the shocks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you ride hard you'll love the pro x. I weigh about 215 & my 03 would take anything I'd throw at it. For just putting around on the trails she was pretty stiff. The front shocks dont have reservoirs but they do have clickers on the shock body for compression adjustments. Both rear shocks have reservoirs. Buy one, you'll love it :div20:

G

·
In my opinion the 2003 700 Pro x is one of the best sleds Polaris made,it's light and fast.If u clutch it,gear it,jet it and add a set of reeds you'll have one of the best sleds for ditch banging,fast trail and also go on the lake and easily see over 112 MPH. :div20:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by yz426@Oct 11 2005, 09:16 PM
I've been searching on here but i cant find the info I am looking for..  Right now I have my eye on a 2003 Pro-X 700 with about 2000 miles on it and a few extras.  My questions are: does the sled have rezzies on it are they inside the belly pans, if not, how stiff is the suspension, I ride 90% pipelines and stiff suspension is a must.  I weigh 205 so will the sled bottom out with the stock suspension?? How reliable are they?? How fast do they go, my friends ride a 2004 600HO SDI gade and a 2004 800HO gade..  Also, it has risers on it already, but im 6'3'' and i love to stand, how high can i go with risers without needing extensions?? What do you guys think is a good price for this sled??

Thanks!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923192
[/quote]
I am also looking for a pro x 6 or 700. Probably will take the 600 HO gade on top end but the 800 is a long shot as those are wicked. How much are they asking and may I ask where you getting it from. I hope to find one at the ossipee mountaineers' swap meet tommorow. Are you going?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It already has vforce 3's on it.. A friend is selling it for around 3700, but i can probably talk him down. Thanks guys! Anybody else have any input? I ride pipelines every time so the sled will be rode pretty damn hard!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks mint actually!! ANd i can probably talk him down some..

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
That's a great price for it, 2k miles is just broken in IMHO. FYI I just bought a Pro-X2 700 for $4k w/about 2300 miles on it.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts