Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this 2003 MXZ 600 HO ("spring order") in 2010 with 800 miles on it...clean as a whistle.

Has anyone else had an overheating issue with this sled? The dash light has been coming on since I've owned in. Obviously it happens during temps over about 15-20F, and when there's less snow, but no one else's sleds during those times show dash lights.

Suggestions so far are:

- Air lock...get sled to temp and angle upward by driving up a snowbank or ramp, then uncap coolant tank

- Water Wetter or Royal Purple

- New thermostat

- Scratchers

Any further suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: None of the service centers I contacted recommend coolant additives like Water Wetter, Purple Ice, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE #2: I came across an old forum entry that said there's Skidoo Service Bulletin (2003-9) indicating it's not actually overheating. It says they need to add a diode in the wire to the dash light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Notice Update #2 - the sled [probably] isn't overheating...it's more likely a dash light sensitivity issue. Service Bulletin 2003-9 says to add a 68 ohm resistor in the wire to the heat sensor, so that's what I'm going to try first. A few dollars (literally) and a few minutes under the hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts