heres the details
f8 sp 1in track...bone stock, 330 miles

my sled 2003 f7 sp 151x2" track
mods-bm clutch kit, mbrp can, reeds, bulleyes, stock gears with 9t drivers

both sleds had about the same amt of fuel
both riders weigh the same.

race was 1000ft in a dug up bean field. temp was bout 20
the snow was about 5in of crusty snow then we packed it down a couple times

every race resulted in about the same outcome....the f7 winning by 1-4 sleds every time
the F8 spins alot. after i took the blocks out it seemed to help alittle

i think if my sled was stock and had a 1in track to f8 would take it. my f7 hooks up really good and gave it a huge
advantage IMO.

im uploading videos on youtube now and will post them when they are finished

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Do you think the F8 could reel in the F7 if given enough room? Thanks, at least you got a chance to ride the F8 i just get to look at mine. :fluffy:[/b]

I had a very well running F6ish/7 and I do believe with some tinkering on the F8 its gonna hold its own just fine. :beerchug:
I mentioned in a previous thread I got 92-94 out of mine in a 4/10ths of a mile stretch ditch in some fluff and it only had 38 miles on it.

F&F

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
each race we did, my brother riding the f8 said he was gaining on me at 1000 ft, in a 1/4 mile the 8 would have been past me, hard to say what it would be like with a short track f7, the f8 does seem to pull hard tho

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the last video we raced about 500 feet starting alittle downhill and it neck and neck the whole way

im not sure what it would top out at, my guess on hardpack would be 95-100...the snow we raced in what really loose snow, but we were both digging the dirt at start, on the f8 in about 900 ft i seen 88mph

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
the last video we raced about 500 feet starting alittle downhill and it neck and neck the whole way

im not sure what it would top out at, my guess on hardpack would be 95-100...the snow we raced in what really loose snow, but we were both digging the dirt at start, on the f8 in about 900 ft i seen 88mph[/b]

Yes with that track I can see why the F8 would be comming on you,, track helps at the start ,,kills on top,,R2R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts