Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the best oil is to put in the standard shocks on the front and rear suspension (act shocks) on my 2003 F7? I would like a stiffer ride without going to the snopro setup. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Synthetic is the only way to go. Been using 7wt in alot of shocks the past few seasons. Have had very good luck with that weight.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Hey mk2g60, I have an open thread on shock oil as well. I'm looking to rebuild the shocks on my F6 snopro. I plan on running into a Amsoil dealer at haydays, should I get the light or medium oil. I would like to keep the same weight oil. Or should I just get some oil from the Cat dealer.

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.

Also, how much oil will I need to do all 4 shocks??? They all have remote resivors except the back which is a 2" bodied shock.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 8 2005, 03:55 PM
Hey mk2g60, I have an open thread on shock oil as well. I'm looking to rebuild the shocks on my F6 snopro. I plan on running into a Amsoil dealer at haydays, should I get the light or medium oil. I would like to keep the same weight oil. Or should I just get some oil from the Cat dealer.

Also, how much oil will I need to do all 4 shocks??? They all have remote resivors except the back which is a 2" bodied shock.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866389
[/quote]

Zr800 definately use amsoil if you can get it. I use both light and medium but light provides a more of a plusher ride.

128 i used medium in the center shock, light in the rear and it made a big difference really smooth with the ohlins up front, tried out medium in the rear and it kinda lost its ride quality. You will probably use 2 qrts for all 4 shocks, maybe less been a while since i did shocks. Use shims to control ride, not oil, and use same oil before and after testing.

·
Premium Member
Nothing cause Polaris is retarded
6,878 Posts
Originally posted by my cat eats dogs@Sep 8 2005, 08:54 PM
Zr800 definately use amsoil if you can get it. I use both light and medium but light provides a more of a plusher ride.

128 i used medium in the center shock, light in the rear and it made a big difference really smooth with the ohlins up front, tried out medium in the rear and it kinda lost its ride quality. You will probably use 2 qrts for all 4 shocks, maybe less been a while since i did shocks.  Use shims to control ride, not oil, and use same oil before and after testing.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866655
[/quote]
I use the light on all my customers shocks, no complants so far :div20:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I use the light Amsoil in most of the rebuilds. That would act more like the std shock, maybe a tad lighter. I also mix the 5 and 10 weight Amsoil like to make it slightly heavier. One is a 50/50 mix and the other is 2/3rds light. Straight medium in the rear arm shock is too slow IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Originally posted by 128JetSnake@Sep 8 2005, 06:55 PM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=866389
[/quote]

The Amsoil shock oil works well, I have used it before. Bleeds real easy. Pick up a bottle of the light & med. Cut them like looney said 50/50 & you'll have more than anuff for all 4 shocks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Jet snake if you want you can do them at my house have all the tools and gas also have both light and med. amsoil at home.(I saw you were close) Besides would like to find more riding buddys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts