Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their 2003 ECU updated to the 2005 or 2006 program? If so what did it cost? Any Michigan Arctic Cat dealers know about this?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,571 Posts
I had it done - I have some contacts at the factory and they ALL recommended having it done. Won't get to try it until the snow flies!



Originally posted by MI_Joe@Oct 14 2005, 08:43 AM
Has anyone had their 2003 ECU updated to the 2005 or 2006 program?  If so what did it cost?  Any Michigan Arctic Cat dealers know about this?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929089
[/quote]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
I will be sending mine in direct first of november to reprogramed, I think 05 is the way to go, will make the valves open faster too. $ 35.00 dollars no big deal. All you need to do is talk to AL in the race department he does them all bottom line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
Al, doesn'y actually do the reprogramming any longer other than Race programming. I'm not saying he doesn't have them done, just he isn't doing it himself. But my question is it really needed on the 03's. i know mine runs excellent and hasn't given me any issue for 4000 miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
My brothers got a 04 F7 EFI, thats never been a stong runner, and has had the ecu updated. Whats involved in getting his reporgramed to the 06 specs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,536 Posts
I'd be scared to death to have them lay there fingers on my ecu. I have zero drivability concerns and amazing top end. Knowing my luck, it would detune the machine :dunno:

I've still got factory warranty on the mill. Don't know why they gave me the 2nd year factory on it after I had the sled for a long time but they did, not to mention the 4 year aftermarket they gave me when I bought it.

I figure with 1 engine down already and remaining warranty on it they might tinker the other way :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Originally posted by firecatnuhn@Oct 15 2005, 06:04 PM
My brothers got a 04 F7 EFI, thats never been a stong runner, and has had the ecu updated. Whats involved in getting his reporgramed to the 06 specs?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931933
[/quote]

just have his dealer send it in to AC to get it reprogramed. or you can call AC direct and send it in yourself. $35 i think to get it reprogramed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
899 Posts
Originally posted by jet@Oct 15 2005, 06:58 PM
I'd be scared to death to have them lay there fingers on my ecu. I have zero drivability concerns and amazing top end. Knowing  my luck, it would detune the machine :dunno:

I've still got factory warranty on the mill. Don't know why they gave me the 2nd year factory on it after I had the sled for a long time but they did, not to mention the 4 year aftermarket they gave me when I bought it.

I figure with 1 engine down already and remaining warranty on it they might tinker the other way :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932011
[/quote]

yeah i wouldnt send yours in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,637 Posts
Your dealer should have no problem sending it in for you. In most cases, only costs, the shipping. Chip at Cat will reprogram it to the latest program.. I don't think they let you really choose what program.. It should be the newest one they have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,536 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Oct 15 2005, 08:31 PM
Your dealer should have no problem sending it in for you. In most cases, only costs, the shipping. Chip at Cat will reprogram it to the latest program.. I don't think they let you really choose what program.. It should be the newest one they have.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932173
[/quote]
Have you seen the reprogram hurt performance on the 03's??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Oct 15 2005, 08:31 PM
Your dealer should have no problem sending it in for you. In most cases, only costs, the shipping. Chip at Cat will reprogram it to the latest program.. I don't think they let you really choose what program.. It should be the newest one they have.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932173
[/quote]

Dan have you heard if it's worth it? Or in that case had it done for anyone with there feedback?

Thanks again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
I've seen lots of dyno numbers of 04 F7's where the Hp is in the 128-132 range.

Since my brothers sled is such a dog I think its in that range, All 05, 06 dyno

numbers that I hae seen were right at 140.

He put an ODS clutch kit in, it helped but didn't fix it completly.

The sled reallyseems to pull hard in the 5-6000 RPM range but feels flat on top.

Its not smooth like my F6, I think he should get it reprogramed.

What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by jet@Oct 15 2005, 06:58 PM
I'd be scared to death to have them lay there fingers on my ecu. I have zero drivability concerns and amazing top end. Knowing  my luck, it would detune the machine :dunno:

I've still got factory warranty on the mill. Don't know why they gave me the 2nd year factory on it after I had the sled for a long time but they did, not to mention the 4 year aftermarket they gave me when I bought it.

I figure with 1 engine down already and remaining warranty on it they might tinker the other way :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=932011
[/quote]
I'm with you, my stock '03 box worked great as a F-7 and as a F-8 with single and twin pipes,now it's going to be a F-9 with twins!!! was talking to Bikeman about this the other day and asked if we should send it in and reprogram it to use for the 900 kit and he said NO it will work just fine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
What do you guys think?

Im gonna put my big air intake, boyesen reeds, the Y-pipe (soon) and I already got my engagement around 4900..

without the mods its running pretty reach on lower rpms.. Should I reprogram the ECU or will these mods take some of the rich mixture away? (they say the boyesen will do that)

what do u think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
firecatnuhn.
Mine was the same man,even after they reprogrammed my box for the low end bog,had the dealer have a look at it,they found out that i had a scorched piston and cylinder,they change both and it flys now,have them look at that,mine was like that right from the start,my brothers RX-1 used to beat me whit no prob before they fixed my engine and now,not even close,have it checked man.
I had my dealer call A/C to find out if it's worth reprogramming me 04 box whit 05 specs and they told them that it is the same program?? true or not,will it be the same as 06??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
It feels like its got lots of power at speeds below 50, but when you punch it it

dosn't really haul as i think it should.

Its got lots of compression, and is way harder to pull over than my F6, but I'll take

the Y pipe off and see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Ok I'll check next time I get a chance.

How many miles were on your sled when you got it fixed? My brothers has about

4000miles on it.

The 06 program is leaner than the 04 right?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top