Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2002 ZR500 LE, What does the LE add? I noticed the front suspension has remote clinkers... It has the standard ZR green hood, it's not the CCE. What's a fair price for a new one?

Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
The LE adds the clicker shocks and the remote front arm adjuster to the machine and it also adds to the price of the machine as well. I thought the cross country edition ZRs of 2002 were the LEs and there werent any other types of LEs offered, but then again I could be mistaken :wacko:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Call 306-645-2669. They have a 2002 ZR 500 that was thier demo that year. It Has clicker shocks and only 370 miles. It can be shipped. Were asking $7199.00 Canadian dollars. This was $4840.97 American dollars at last exchange rate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by jam1995@Mar 15 2003, 01:07 PM
I'm looking at a 2002 ZR500 LE, What does the LE add? I noticed the front suspension has remote clinkers... It has the standard ZR green hood, it's not the CCE. What's a fair price for a new one?

Thanks
I have a 2002 zr 500 cross country(green) with 2000 miles for sale. i live in hibbing,mn. I changed the front oe front and torsion springs to a heavier spring which greatly improved the handling, also revalved the shocks. Fresh rebuild on front shocks and dial shock, the rear clicker is new. extras include hood screen kit, hood cowl bag, and hand guards. $4000.00. Sled is storage ready and ready for next winter. If interested or you have questions, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint some of you, but in 2002 they DID make a ZR 500 LE and it WAS NOT a CCE. The 2002 ZR500LE was an early release sled that came out in JAn, 2001 with the ZL 600 SS The LE had SnoPro stle A-arms with the stronger tube style ends instead of the tubes being flattened out where they bolt to the spindles. They also have clickers front and rear, all 4 shocks and there IS NOT a Dial-A-junk. It came with all black suspension wheels like a SnoPro and a 1.25" track. The suspension was valved better than the CCE's.. It was dubbed the "Ditch Banger Special" when it was released. I was at the Arctic Cat hometown tour when the sled was unveiled and I had one that I sold to get my 2002 ZR 440 SnoPro this past fall

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
tshamba,

Thanks for the link. I looked and read through it and it appears even that info is not accurate. It mentions nothing about the 'clicker' shocks in that article, and the picture of the 500 doesn't even have remote reservior shocks on it(front), much less 'clicker' shocks.

I have seen a few of these in person and they do indeed have remote 'clicker' shocks all the way around. It looks like a fun sled!!
-John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts