Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 xcsp800 and my clutch has some spider cracks starting.. I need to get a new clutch and see them on ebay but they are p-85's ? Not sure what mine is or where i can get one for a good price with no weights.. springs and helix. I want to buy a new one and then put a clutch kit in it. Does anyone know what kind of clutch mine is and where I can get one ?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I think the 800's may have had a different cover with a bigger bearing on the P85. Also you want to make sure it uses the "newer 10 series weights". To get more HP, less stress on the clutch and crank bearings you could get it properly dynamic balanced.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
you have a P-85. it is the standard Polaris style. but there are differences in the P-85 family. different years and models have specific design refinements. the big bores have heavier ribbing, bigger cover bushings, heavier spider, bigger rollers and more outward weight pin location than the ones from a smaller CC sled. also the main bores are different, so some clutch pullers may not work because the hole for the retaining bolt is smaller. it is still possible to remove the clutch, but you'll have to make your own puller. buying a clutch online is risky in my opinion. i like replacing them with new, especially since i have personally seen four clutches blow. it is not pretty and very dangerous, a ton of energy released with the big bang. one guy almost lost his leg when a weight went thru the driven clutch, foot rest and tool kit. luckily the two 9/16" wrenches slowed the weight enough that it just ripped his shin guards and lodged between the lower two leg bones. if you can find one online that is new, go for it if it matches the part number you need. i suggest you stay away from used clutches, they are chancy at best. Brian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts