Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of replacing the precision skis on my 02 MXZX 600 it has an 1.25" ripsaw track with 96 studs down the middle.

What do you guys think is best ski for mainly aggresive trail riding with some off trail .

·
Registered
694 Posts
i loved the c&a pros i put on my 01 zx chassis. i've never tried another ski on it but wouldn't want to. those skis cured all the issues i had with the handling.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Simmons, best ski I've ever had

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have ran the C&A pros and I have the usi spx on my sled now and will never go back. They are a better trail ski in my opinion than the C&A and they ride in the powder better. Thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by MXZX5@Oct 11 2005, 11:52 PM
I have ran the C&A pros and I have the usi spx on my sled now and will never go back. They are a better trail ski in my opinion than the C&A and they ride in the powder better. Thats just my opinion though.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923627
[/quote]

spx is the ski with the ribbed bottom, right????

·
Registered
16 Posts
The ski with the ribbed bottom is the USI PROJECT X......SPX.......I trashed the stock precision skis on a 2002 renegade because they got pushed everywhere by the long track and the 1.25 lug and 108 studs.....the new skis do a great job of controlling the front end and are really good in powder...talk to USI before buying.....they are aggressive skis....too much for small lugs or some non- studded machines. They will tell you how to get the most out of them. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have USI SPX's and I love them. I have also used C&A on the sled but like the USI's better. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Originally posted by Robp13@Oct 9 2005, 06:26 PM
Thinking of replacing the precision skis on my 02 MXZX 600 it has an  1.25" ripsaw track with 96 studs down the middle.

What do you guys think is best ski for mainly aggresive trail riding with some off trail .
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918217
[/quote]

What size carbides are you running? With a 1.25" track and studs you need more aggressive carbide to make up for the track/studs.

Personally I love my precisions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 8" carbide and the USI wear shaper bars on the USI skis......I am still experimenting with suspension settings but have to take some weight back off the front with this ski/carbide setup.......on the PRECISION ski I ran the longest and most aggressive carbide that was sold for this ski......they are in the garage now and i would have to measure if you want to know.....the renegade pushed them all over the place...but it wasnt just the long track and the lugs...the skis bit in some corners in hard, packed snow but in anything else they were totally unpredictable. That was the problem...head into a corner and you never new what to expect. I tried limiter strap adjusments...front and rear suspension shock adjustments....nothing worked. Read a test in a magazine about the USI skis on a renegade and the light went on. Bolted a pair on and the sled was fixed! They will tell you themselves that this an aggressive ski (keel/carbides) and may be too much for shorter/non studded sleds ( ie heavy steering or steering over powering the rear end. Its all about balance...the USI skis worked for me but i have heard the same story from other precision ski users..........Mine are for sale if anyone is interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts