Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to injury I'll be trail riding my Firecat for the remainder of the season.Anyone have suggestions on set-up to trail ride. Its currently stock with 280 main jets and clutching is stock.
Should I add idler wheels to the suspension ? Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I put both sets of wheels in. I'm pretty sure I have 290 mains in mine. I run the timing at 0. STOCK cdi. From what I've heard the sno-x is trouble on the trails. I left the sway bar off and it seems just fine without it. I loosened the front skid shock spring all the way as Rob has preached. Softened up the rear end of the skid all the way. This thing will absolutely eat bumps. It is AWESOME on huge moguls / holes. Remember you have basically an F5 less 20 or 30 pounds. It is actually a better machine. Maybe a bit skimpy on overall durability and reliability. I love mine. Very quick and a mogul muncher.
Cat S.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, did you leave your clutching stock ?Also wanted to ask if anyone knows if the gas tank from the F5/F7 will fit on the 2002 Sno-Pro. I know you can buy a black cover for it but would prefer the black tank. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
The sno x timing is +4 so that would be trouble on the trails. Keep your timing at 0 and run 92 or higher octane gas. Get it rich, and you shouldn't have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts