Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to pipe my baby. I'm looking for a good sound. A loud, high pitched sound. Horsepower increase is not all that important to me. Any suggestions on what i should install? Thanks :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
try a mbrp can, i hear there loud. i was going to get one, but the guys here say it would be way to loud. so they said get d&d, and i did. it`s got a real nice sound, esspecially when you hammer it! if you`ve got money twin pipes will make some noise.

snowmobilerider.com sells some d&d stuff, other wise you might need to call them up.

does anyone know of a company that sells d&d stuff? to bad they don`t update their website more often.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have an MBRP can on my 02 ZR 600 crosscountry efi, it is the race version. I think it sounds just right, no problems.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Why don't you be a ZR rider til' 2005 and leave the noise for the race track. Then WE can also enjoy the sport.

BobCat

·
Registered
863 Posts
so your saying just becuz a sled is a little loud we cant enjoy it? I dissagree...a sled that has a good sound is a blast to ride...we are going to loose 2 stokes anyways, so we might as well make the best of it while we got it...mine is loud so i guess you already dont like me bobcat...

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
I'm with Bobcat on this one.........LOUD PIPES CLOSE TRAILS :angry: Will it take all trails closing for it to hit home?

Rick.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You bet your a55 I don’t like you if you have a loud sled. If we don’t have trails, we don’t have a sport. Landowners close trails because of noise and disrespectful use of their land (off trail riding etc). It only takes minimal common sense to figure this out. Thousands of others have, why can’t you?

BobCat

·
Registered
863 Posts
well up here where i ride noone minds loud sleds becuz we go my minimal houses, and the majority of ppl in the area i ride have loud sleds...its not just loud sleds that close trails, it people riding on ppl lawns, no obeying stay on marked trails near houses and stuff like that, so you cant souly blame loosing trails to loud sleds. look at motercyles, what the fuck you think they are going to do, close the roads down? the roads coem closer to the houses then most snowmobile trails, and you cant tell me that my sled is louder then a harley...more ppl complain about road noise then they do snowmobile noise...you still have not convinced me that ppl us with loud sleds are the only reason the trails are getting closed...BECUZ WE ARNT! and the ppl that use the land wrong 90 percent of the time have quiet sleds...when a trail gets closed up here they landowner has never not let us move it away from the promlem area...thousands of other people have loud sleds why cant you?

Loud pipes can save a life!

03zr800

·
Registered
539 Posts
the b&d silencer is only loud when the exhaust valves open up,i've got 2 of them and just cruising they are'nt any louder than stock.relax bobcat-i've never heard of any trails closing around upsate n.y for loud exhaust. if you dont like the noise then dont ride w/ people who have loud exhaust.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Enjoy your loud pipe, it won't be long till the only place you'll be able to enjoy it is on a track stand in your own garage...........but hey you got rights.
Our local club lost more access trails this year with the number one reason being LOUD PIPES and the second being DUMMIES THAT CAN'T/WON'T STAY ON THE TRAILS..............so how are your loud pipes off trail?

Rick.

·
Registered
863 Posts
wel zrsledhead since i am very involved with my local snowmobile club, i put out the stay on marked trail signs so why would i go off the trail, and why do you guys wo are against loud pipes blame everything that happens on the trails on people with them? chances are that we are not the ones that go off the trail..., we own 475 acers here in maine with about 10 miles of trails on it...so i know i will have atleast 10 miles to ride on...anyways...there is nothing wrong with loud pipes, maybe where youare you have a problem with loud pipes, but just becuz you do doesnt mean everyone else does. you opinion is yours and mine is mine, and i know there are other people who run loud pipes that wont change just beuz of you 2 knuckle heads...

·
Registered
863 Posts
bobcat as far my my spelling sorry i am not perfect like you and your quiet pussy sled...my bad...

·
Registered
303 Posts
ZR Sled Head:
I appreciate you comments in what I thought was a debate but due to name-calling has become an argument.

03ZR800:
What can I say? You just don’t get it!

BobCat

·
Registered
863 Posts
bobcat, the only name calling i can see is you guys calling us with louder then stock sleds
Our local club lost more access trails this year with the number one reason being LOUD PIPES and the second being DUMMIES THAT CAN'T/WON'T STAY ON THE TRAILS..............so how are your loud pipes off trail?[/b]
dummies...but I wont hold that against you...still a deabte for all i care, or if you want an argument then thats ok too...whatever floats your boat.

But you guys are inmplying that if your sled is loud then you are automaticly the ones that cause all the problems, BUT WE ARNT! You can't say we are just because we have louder sleds...That in itself is not enough...Though I am sure that there are ppl with loud pipes that do go off the marked trail, but that doesnt mean it is all of us...

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts