Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wacko: Am I nuts to want one . I can get them pretty cheap but do they run good as a trail sled. They are nice and light and should be good for jumping i hope can any body that has one give me any feed back please help

·
Registered
62 Posts
I trail ride my 02 ZR440 SnoPro and it rocks! Nice and light to toss around and quick enough for most all riding. Kicks but in loose mushy conditions. If you are looking to buy one, pull the seat off and check to make sure the tunnel is in tact.

I was also thinking of looking for a 720 kit for next year. That would be a sweet sleeper!

Go for it! :lol:

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I have one and like it alright. I think I like my 01 800 ZR more, but it's pretty fun. Really rips low end. The track is awesome. Yes the tunnel can crack, but only cracks about 1 1/2" on each side then stops. Make sure if you trail ride it that it has the STOCK CDI box in it. Also make sure that the oil tank is NOT rubbing on the jackshaft. If you put the wheels in by the rear arm make sure they don't rub on the cross shaft. Make sure you have the speedo update kit also. Make sure also that if you trail ride it with 92 octane that the timing is set on 0 and not + anything. If you buy a racesled just make sure you know what you are buying. The compression of a good motor should be about 150 psi. Have fun.
Cat S.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I think you will like it alot. Just make sure you keep you eye on it. Even a bit more than a normal sled.
Cat S.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The tunnel has two small notches exactly where it bends up about midway back on the seat. The tunnel usually cracks there from landing jumps. Not that big of a deal. I have seen though where the studs in the middle of the track have torn through the bumped out underside portion in the middle of the tunnel also. For trail riding just check it out regularly like cmscat50 said and keep the timing at or below 0.

Most of all - have fun! :)

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I think if you look at the tunnel you will see that it cracks behind the mounting bolts. This tells me that the cracking might happen from landing jumps on the rear bumper because there should not be much stress in this area otherwise. The biggest concern on my sno pro is the jackshaft rubbing on the oil tank. I still haven't found a GOOD fix for this yet. I might try moving the whole gas tank back this summer.
Cat S.

·
Registered
124 Posts
have the breaks held up? It seems like the location would be hard on the pads mounted outside of the tunnel. I found 1 locally for $3500. Looks brand new, was raced by a 14 yearold.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
You sure you are not talking about a Z440 fan Sno Pro, the price and the age of the owner sounds like a fan.

Jim

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I got my 02 ZR 440 Sno Pro for $3500. I had to put about $200 and quite a few hours of labor to get it setup the way I wanted it though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
it's a liquid. There are several in the area under 4000.00 All of them raced, and in varying condition. This one has had all new plastic put on it. The last I spoke to them they had 4 02zr440 snopros, and 2 03 sitting there with them. I was just wondering about the outboard brake system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts