Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A freind of a freind is selling this sled. It's a 2001 ZRT 600 with 370 miles on it. Apparently the guy who bought it only rode it one weekend. then parked it in his garage. He wants $3000 for it.

Check out the pics and give me your opinions about it's performance, gas mileage, price, etc.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I would go over it very closely, look for signs that there may be more miles , paint off the running boards, belt wear, runners, slides, speedo's can easily be unhooked, I would wonder about the exhaust being rusted and the new paint burned off with only one weekend drive on it,. If it checks out you will have a really good sled, one of the best Cat has made. :div20: Buy the looks of the pic's, probably worth the money.

120HP pretty decent on fuel, almost bought one instead of the sled I did.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sled looks clean and the price is fair.I think the rusty pipes don't match the odometer.Raise the rear and inspect the track.Ski bottoms can also tell a story .I'd also look at the clutches.If the mileage is real the clutches should still be quite shiny and not much belt dust.Also there shouldn't be much crud around the carbs.Really shouldn't be any wear on the grips,seat,and running boards.I've rode several 600ZRT's and they are fun and sound great.I just bought a 02 ZRT600 for $2800.00 has over 4000 miles but looks and runs good.

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I'm also starting to wonder about the year, 01 had PV and flatslides, don't see those in that pic, might be 00? Got a pic of both sleds here now, pretty sure it's a 00.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be a 2000, I am getting this info from a second source, if you know what I mean. Would that explain the aged exhaust?

I figured I would get a decent opinion from you guys and then ask him some questions based on your input. Freind says the owner rode a sled at tipuptown got hooked, bought this sled the next weekend, took a trip to the U.P. then never went again, except for a few short bursts through the yard.

Keep the comments coming :div20:

·
Registered
11,320 Posts
I think if it was only out that weekend and put right in the garage it shouldn't look like that, unless it was sitting outside for a bit, the rest of the sled looks good, hard to know the circumstances, it might rust up if there was snow left on it and not cleaned before storage, just have to look the sled over well, usually can tell if there is more miles on than whats showing. other things wear. belt burns around the clutches is a pretty good indicator if it only has 360 miles,it should be fairly clean, of course it can be cleaned up well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 99 ZRT.....good sleds...that sled looks good...just go over it like everyone has stated....good buy just :m2c:

·
Registered
443 Posts
:Wow1: sounds like a great deal if all information is accurate. I have a 97 600 ZRT, fast, dependable, and a good ride.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
yeah its a 2000 non APV.I had the same sled and loved it.those pipes look like they have more then 300miles on them.Do a compression test check the suspension and ride the hell out it!!!By the way you will probley wanna do some clutch work as the 2000 was clutched pretty soft!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts