Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
my 800 just went down after only 7 miles ,ran fine before piston update,my friend has 3750 miles on original pistons in his 01 esr,no problems.i wish cat would get their shit together

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Mine has been good so far at 2200+ miles. If your sled goes down in a short time after rebuilds theres a good chance they didnt get all the air out of the coolers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Problem is that Cat only pays their dealers .8 to change pistons. Not enough time in my opinion to assemble with care and bleed system. Customers should also be advised to check the coolant level themselves before riding and lots during the first ride. Dealers should be taking the extra time to make sure the job is done right but what you get paid to do something reflects the quality of work in some cases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had 4K on my original pistons with no problem and I have 800 miles on my new pistons with no problems (knocking on wood). Engine seems a bit stronger than before which is a bonus. Many of the problems are caused by poor mechanics themselves.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
Its a shame that the customer is again caught in the middle, AC won't pay enough to do it properly and its hard to blame a dealer for cutting corners when he's only paid .8.
To those taking their sleds in for the update it might be an idea to ask your dealer if he needs to charge you a little on top of what warranty pays him to take the time to do the things that will make the job right.
I hate paying anything as much as the next guy but.......if it only takes a few bucks to prevent a weekend break down, it's money well spent.

Just my 02

Rick.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's exactly what I did with my dealer Rick.Haven't had a problem yet,and we're both happy. :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
ran fine before and after the update. the reason for the update were piston skirts breaking. pretty good of ac to replace these on a 2 year old sled.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts