Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
As far as I know, any can will slow the SRX down or not improve it at all. All the reports I have read over the years is that the cans will not improve on the performance of the stock can. They may sound different, but not perform any better. I don't know if you can drill out a stock can the SRX like you can on the SXR but if you can I would do that. Doug

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
hauck growler sounds the best of all of the above. all cans lose performance, but not that much. id go with a hauck

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
just go with the hauck 3 into 3 individual silencers. you will thank us later

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I had a bender can on my 01 srx and a b+b eliminator on my 02 srx.I think the bender can sounds better,its kinda like an indy car sound.The b+b eliminator doesnt sound as good as the bender but the quality of it is way better.The b+b is also a lot lighter than the bender can.

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
I owned a couple SRXs, did alot of tweaking to both of them, and they both outran most any canned SRX I came across. Unless you're ported, and have aftermarket pipes, you only will make it louder and slower.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have an mbrp. It robbed about 4 mph on the topend. About the same down low. It is and was annoyingly loud. Like something you'd here at the I-500. Any non-snowmobiling person hated it. I took it off and put the stock one back on. And thats whats staying on it. Bob had a bender on his 01, and that was on the loud side also. It lost about the same amount of power as the mbrp. When he would start his up next to me, I had to look at my tach to make sure it was still running.

My advice is to save your money for a different rear skid, a good track, and studds.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I got a bender on my 99 srx 700. Its not retarted loud like some of those twins with cans. When im on someone elses sled and they are rideing mine I can barely hear my sled over theirs they dont have cans. I also live in town and have to drive me sled 3 blocks to get out. I have had no problems with anyone sayin it was too loud and I come and go a few times a day. The few mph I might have lost doesnt really bother me. I havent lost any races because of it. And its hard finding somewhere to go that fast anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.