Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen a mint 01 800 xcr for 2800 bucks. Is this a good deal? I know sleds are slow this time of year. Its has not been modified in any way. It looks new. How are these compared to a srx 700? thanks and should I look out for some problem areas on this sled?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
:banghead: not close, the xcr8 will out ride and out perform the yammi, not to mention you wont have to put slides on every time you ride it ! a friend has a 02 xcr8, for sale ,500 miles bone stock, $3800. got all orig. paperwork.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
in this forum you will find great opinions about the XCR's WE LOVE EM ,, Then again you go to the Yami Site and Get the same feed back regarding the SRX.. Those who have them and work them like we work the XCR's will love them.. Yep they can be fast as well can't say how they handle or ride.. Never rode one and divorced my 1st wife cuz she sat on 1!!! He He He He!!!

2800 is a good deal IMPO..

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
The only time the SRX would have the advantage is on smooth trails. Those things corner like they are on rails. Other than that the XCR would be the better trail sled. But it is still a very front-end heavy sled. XCR is the faster sled as well but the SXR is no slouch if you can hook them up. SXR will be more bulletproof.

·
Registered
675 Posts
My good buddy runs a Srx. We've traded back and forth and put many miles on each others sleds.
They are no slouch and most like the xcr from anything else I've tried. The xcr tends to hit harder after 60+ and have much nicer wind protection.
Stock gearing the srx runs out of legs low teens, but damn do they get great milage and hot sound.
Search the site, you'll find plenty of great comments and go faster ideas.

·
Registered
17,215 Posts
Rode a 99 srx some years ago and really liked it. A blast to ride - if its smooth. Very compact, feels small compared to the XCR, at 5'11 I had enough room but taller riders will feel cramped. Even more low-slung than the XCR, the 8" of rear travel just didn't cut it.
Also, in anything resembling loose snow, the srx sucks. No ground clearance and it don't care much for getting the exhaust outlet blocked by snow, then it falls on its face.
A 01 XCR for 2800 sounds like a good deal. One of the few things that have been problematic is the water pump seal, needs to be inspected and replaced if worn.

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
Xcr800, then put a edge skid in it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I might have a 2001 ProX skid available. Shocks just gone through and all new bearings in the wheels. Both shocks are clickers too! :)

·
Executive Administrative Asst.
68,445 Posts
The edge or pro-x skid would work well with that xcr.

I put a 03 edge under my 95 storm and it made a world of a difference.

The skid thats under the xcr is better then the srx for trails. srx is a good lake runner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I owned an 00 SRX700 and it was a great sled,very durable.They handle well on smooth trails but not much suspension. Mine was very quick to 100 MPH. I now owned an 02XCR800 for the past three years and like it better because: more suspension,better ride,it handles well on the trails,not quite as good as the SRX.... It is a bit front end heavy but that is the trade off cause the XCR is much faster! Mine is ported,Hot seat heads,bored carbs,stock pipes and of course clutched. The 02 has the electric shock which is very desirable. I removed the rear sissor blocks and use the shock to make the suspension couple,it works very well and hooks up very GOOD!

$2800.00 for an 01 XCR800 is a good price!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check the P.T.O. side front motor mount, they like to break if the track is studded and if it doesn't have a torque stop. These sleds will out-accellerate anything stock. 700 SRX's are pretty fast on the big end but, not quite as fast as an XCR. Thundercats will give you trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts