Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2001 xcsp 800. It had 430 mains in it (down from the factory 460's) which I think was too low for my area and temperature range. The sled came from Southern Minnesota and I am in Manitoba. We see temperatures range from 32F to -30F. What jet size can I safely run or should I stick with the stock ones? Other then a clutch kit and a boost bottle there are no other mods on this sled. Do jet sizes come in increments of 5 - so for example from 460 - 430 = 6 sizes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just keep a eye on your plugs ,when it really cold out, make sure they are not white looking, and if your not sure on that, gone down one or two sizes should be good there, from stock but still check your plugs should be a liitle brown in the inside of plug.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have 01 800 xcsp and have been running 430 for 2 years with no problems ,I have reeds ,clutch kit,gutted my air box and ran it in -10 with no problems.and jets are in 10 incraments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Woodit,

Did you just drop the mains or did you drop the pilots as well. This sled has the pilots at 17.5 and the mains at 430. Also note that we regularly ride in weather that is below 25 F.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I ran the stock pilots in mine and adjusted the fuel screw for temp and ran the needle dropped a clip and at 0 I was making 3/4 mile radar passes on ice at wot with 440 mainsand the plugs looked about right or a little rich, and at -13 F on a different day I burned a piston still with 440s, most ran 420s and had no problems but IMHO the airbox on most of these sleds leak air mine had the front plate screwed to the box to seal it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts