Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my update done on my ZL 800. My question is, were the cylinder walls supposed to be honed before they replaced with new pistons and rings? There have been previous posts about this topic. Wondering what the Cat dealers are doing and what standard procedure is. I forgot to ask my dealer about it. It's always been my understanding that when you replace any engine piston rings you need to hone the cylinder walls so the new rings will seat properly. Any clear cut answers would be appreciated. Thanks. :huh: Scott

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by Catillac@Jan 14 2003, 02:08 PM
I just had my update done on my ZL 800. My question is, were the cylinder walls supposed to be honed before they replaced with new pistons and rings? There have been previous posts about this topic. Wondering what the Cat dealers are doing and what standard procedure is. I forgot to ask my dealer about it. It's always been my understanding that when you replace any engine piston rings you need to hone the cylinder walls so the new rings will seat properly. Any clear cut answers would be appreciated. Thanks. :huh: Scott
they should but cat wont pay for it or allow more than 50 mins labor for the job....some dealers are telling the customers that and basicly saying if you give me an extra hundred or so ill do it right....heard through the grapevine...steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was told that it didnt matter.

and you should never hone Nicasal .
anyways I had it done about 2 months and 600 miles ago no problems thing still rocks !!!

just my 2 cents

1 - 3 of 3 Posts