Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up with one of those early release SS models and when I sit on it sinks almost to the ground. I rode it like that last year and have to admit I bottomed out rarely and it was the most cushy ride I was ever on. The rear shock started to leak and my other dealer kept the sled for the summer because they said they had to send the shock to the factory to be rebuilt. When it was there (at the dealers) I asked if there was any heavier springs for it and they said yes and ordered and installed them part number 0704-991 spring .421 which was round , the original ones were square. Anyway after I sit my fat ass (240 #) down almost to the ground it goes again. My wife just got a new 2003 zl 600 efi esr ss which I sat on and it just went down about 3 or 4 inches. When I say other dealer I originaly purchased it from a Sault Ste. marie ONT daeler on a snow check and in the fall I had quite a time with that dealer. that could be another story. He is now in jail , bankrupt and no longer a dealer. My local dealer who I bought sleds from in the past ( Cedarville Marine) Michigan called AC and re registerd the sled under there dealership like I purchased it from them as Sault dealer did nothing. Anyway anyone else have similar troulbe with rear end?

·
Premium Member
25,555 Posts
My wife has an 02 ZL, but has had no problems yet. We'll keep watch to see if anything happens

S

·
0 Posts
Had the same problem with the same dealer in Ont. Got taken for a big ride. The 2001 1/2 ZL ss suspension was upgraded for the "real" '02 Cat that we should've got. It can be changed. Also check for the rear shock placement.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the shock placement was changed but you think they will change the shock itself? When I push the ass end down it pops right back up like a spring. On my wifes 2003 ss it slowly comes back up as does her 2001 zl 600. I don't know much about shocks but it seems something is up with this.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Sault MI dealer Northstar motorsports was under the same ownership last year as Cedarville Marine but was sold this past summer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts