Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 and the stock CDI # is 3005-649. On Browns Leisure World it shows that this was replaced by # 3005-757 and that is the one used in the 2001 ZRT 800. Has Cat helped any owners get the newer one? The stock one kind of pukes out on longer runs.

·
Registered
2013 Turbo
3,769 Posts
I also have a 2000 ZRT 800. I didn't know about any CDI update. I have not had any problems with it. Let me know if you have any luck with A/C. I know there are very expensive to buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not that it's really associated, but my '97 ZRT just fried a CDI. Quite expensive, but it must be done. I've been hearing more and more Zert owner's fryin' em lately...must be this cold weather. A friend of mine just smoked a coil in his ZR900. They told him the same thing that they told me..."We don't have those in stock, because they don't go bad....Are you sure that is the problem???"...We found one, slapped it on, and away we went!! Personally, I think it's these COLD northeast nights doin' it. The morning I found out my CDI was spent, it was 35 below overnight! A few night's before it was runnin' like crap at WOT, about 15 below. Must be the year....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts