Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my ZL to my brother this year and it still gets terrible gas mileage. I thought it was just the way I rode it. It still gets the worst mileage of any sled we ride with. Probably 6-8 mpg. I jetted it down 2 sizes from stock. It runs right with another ZL600 EFI so I don't think anything is hanging up. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Talk to a REPUTABLE dealer. Those 600's were jetted WAY WAY WAY to rich. That's why the poor mileage. You can probably go down more.
Cat S.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had a 600 efi and I was getting 11-13 with it. I clutched it down so that the engagement and rpms were lower. I can't remember the weighs I used now but it made a big difference. If you are drag racing then you wouldn't like it but it was very good on the trail. Jetting on your carb model could also be off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just put a tempa flow on 99 600 ZL and picked up 2-3 mpg's and my sled runs crisp at 15 to 35 degrees ( the best it has ever run). I havent run it in really cold weather yet but do the reaserch there a ton of good things being said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts