Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for advice on bolt on more power. Please give your thoughts on what I should do.....

Here is what I have and have done:

2000 Yamaha MM 700

Can
Reeds
Dial a Jet
151" 2.25" finger trak
Anti-ratchet drivers
Big Wheel Kit
Simmon Ski's
.....much more but thats it for performance the rest is for looks....
Im 5'10" 225blds and am an experinced but not awesome rider...

I do all my riding in Wyoming..Big Horns, Dubois (if thats how you spell it)....do bigger snow riding and do most riding with Ski-doo Revs and some Polaris 700 and 800.

Im tired of taking the back seat to these sleds (specifically Revs). Out of the hole my finger track will really take hold and get me up the hill before everyone even a 800 Rev on Nitros but 3/4 way up the hill its seeya and they are by.

I need more power!!!!! I thought about the Hartman 750cc kit (jugs, pistons..) I also thought about the Bost Bottle...supposidly 15hp gain low end. I also thought about switching to the Rev and joining the wave but my sled is in perfect condition and is paid for so why switch If I can spend another $500-$1000 this year on parts to make this thing faster why not keep it.....

Anyone have any suggestions for me on more power. I like how it comes out of the hole now so I don't know if changing out my gears will help or hurt me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
JP

·
Registered
106 Posts
SLP pipes,that will get you up over 135 hp and it will be competitive with 800's for sure,thats the word I've heard, from midrange to top they pull very hard,this would definetely put you in a whole nother league. Good luck with whatever you do.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The best pipes for that sled are Benders & power inc. end dumps. They both run at close to stock rpm,s & are easy to clutch for. I owned 3 700MM,s & tested every pipe out there & these 2 worked the best for mountain riding. The PI end dumps have not been manufactered for about 3 years & they are getting very hard to find. benders are made by Dynoport.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts