Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found new in the crate 2000 Indy XC700 & 2000 Truimph....no snow & very negotiable terms....but, do I really want a GEN II chassis? Never rode one & last new chassis was an evolved Indy 500... Long term / next season wanted to put a long track FAST Airwave Suspension under it....am I headed in a good direction? thanks for your feedback & assistance.

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
Found new in the crate 2000 Indy XC700 & 2000 Truimph....no snow & very negotiable terms....but, do I really want a GEN II chassis? Never rode one & last new chassis was an evolved Indy 500... Long term / next season wanted to put a long track FAST Airwave Suspension under it....am I headed in a good direction? thanks for your feedback & assistance. [/b]
The Gen II rails on the trails. It lacks todays suspension but if your putting a Airwave in the rear you've fixed half the problem. I'd to the XC700, the Truimph is a Triple and will have more HP but will be heavier.

·
Pebbles
1,778 Posts
the Truimph is a Triple and will have more HP but will be heavier.[/b]

Nope... The Triumph is a 600 monoblock triple. It will be about 105 hp. The XC700 will be about 120 hp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the xc 700 is the best cornering sled i have ever ridden my dad has a 99 and you can't catch it through the twisties. If you need some cheap tricks to make it go better let me know we have his dialed in and it pulls really hard.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had a 2000 xc600sp gen2, I put a m10 in the rear of it, U want to talk about a sled that would ride and handle! I was stupid for selling it, but u know how that goes,I had to have that upgrade. If u put a m10 in it u wont be sorry, the stock extra10 sucks! I myself would go with the 700 over the triumph, lots more balls. My 2000 600 was probley the best riding and handling sled iv ever owned, with the m10 in it. :div20:

·
Registered
42 Posts
have both a Triumph and a 2000 600 XC SP, both Gen II's and XTRA10's. Comparing the two, the Triumph feels heavier and requires more body english in the corners. Very durable motor (8000 miles) and 12+MPG with the proper jetting. The 600 gets the same mileage or better (much better at slow speeds due to the power valves) and is stronger from off-idle all the way to top speed. I didn't realize how ponderous the 600 Triple felt in the corners until I started riding the 600 Twin a couple of years ago. The 600 Twin is definitely easier to handle/jump/ditch-bang/etc.

About the only problem I see with the 700 Twin is that it doesn't have power valves. I know the domestic twin in the 600CC size was considered thirsty w/o VES and I'm sure the 700 is even worse. Of course if you ride hard and fast that really won't matter to you much!

Both are durable sleds. The 700 will hold it's value better as 2000 was the last year of the 600 Triple. That's probably why I still have my Triumph after 8000 miles, 'cheaper to keep her' as a backup sled.....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had a friend with a non ves 2000 xc 700. It was the black and red one... Fun to ride as it had the adjust on the fly shock but it was a PIG on fuel.
He upgraded to a 02 xc 700 valved and that thing works like crazy.
Just my two.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It all depends on what you like to do in the way of riding. If you like the trails and ditches I'd go for the 700, if you like the lakes and top speed, find yourself a set of LRM pipes for the 600 and those things are very leggy if set up correctly. IMO I would stick with the stock rear, the M-10's ride nice slow, but set up the stock rear with some valving, or spend the $ and find a set of Ohlins shocks for the stocker you may be happier and won't lose the top end like the M-10's tend to. :tease:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with the other comments on the 600 Triple, this engine runs great on the top end, a set of pipes, clutching and tuning and it should come alive. The 800 triple put out 140+ HP with pipes, reeds and ves and there are plenty of go-fast parts for the XLT triple. 120HP should not be too hard to obtain, and the 38MM flatslide carb are generously sized for 200 CC cylinders.

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
6,048 Posts
I've only been on a few sleds, but I like my 2000 xcsp 700. Seems like a solid sled, and once you dial in the carbs and clutches, runs right up there, gets about 10 mpg. It handles good, and lots of info about it on the specific forums. Over 7000 miles on mine now, engine has plenty of zip still. There are newer, better sleds, but would cost twice as much $$ to outperform what I've got into this one. Bought it used, have around $1600 in it- including power packs & boost bottle. I do mostly fast trail riding, smiles per mile factor high!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.