Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a good reliable spare sled, I have a chance to buy a 2000 super sport 550 f/c with next to nothing for miles on it for $2100, what do you guys think, anything to look for?
Thanks in advance

MrMxz

·
Registered
194 Posts
A Fun Reliable Sled. Tops out about 70mph, but handles bumps and jumps like spiderman. We had a demo for a shile and my pack of riders all gave it a whirl. Everyone commented that it was sure footed and light.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by MrMXZ@Sep 24 2005, 09:11 PM
I have been looking for a good reliable spare sled, I have a chance to buy a 2000 super sport 550 f/c with next to nothing for miles on it for $2100, what do you guys think, anything to look for?
Thanks in advance

MrMxz
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=890762
[/quote]
I have an 03 Super Sprt 550 for $2000. with 5600 miles on it in perfect shape. It has this many miles on it because it ran well when somebody wanted to use it.
The 2000 your looking at for a hundred bucks more money is a GenII chassis, which is good, but not as predictable as the Edge Chassis that the 03 uses.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will keep that in mind, this one only has 700 miles, does that one have ES or REV? and what about the track?

MrMxz

·
Registered
942 Posts
i have an 2005 SS. handles like a dream. great in bumps. perfect for inexperienced driver young driver. but sorely lacking on power. if i had to do over i would have bought the 500 XC on showroom floor for a few more $$$. same year indy 500 with low miles is worth the extra $$$$ if you can find.

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Originally posted by MrMXZ@Sep 25 2005, 04:29 PM
I will keep that in mind, this one only has 700 miles, does that one have ES or REV? and what about the track?

MrMxz
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=891860
[/quote]
No electric, no reverse, just an excellent running 550 roper, that is actually faster than a 550 Classic I have also. This SS is faster out of the whole and has a higher top end by five or eight miles per hour. The track is excellent, only having been ridden around the Pittsburg area and down your way. If you would like I could take pix of the track?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by pathfinder58@Sep 27 2005, 06:42 PM
No electric, no reverse, just an excellent running 550 roper,  that is actually faster than a 550 Classic I have also. This SS is faster out of the whole and has a higher top end by five or eight miles per hour.  The track is excellent, only having been ridden around the Pittsburg area and down your way. If you would like I could take pix of the track?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=895942
[/quote]

I have an 05 550 fan classic. I like the classec becaus eof the ES and Rev, but the power SUCKS. Pathfinder says the supersport tops out higher, which i can believe as my classic has never seen past 62mph. If I were you i'd find an indy 500 as that is faster. I'm already looking into buying a 600 or 700. hoped that helped any.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guy's....I took a peek, It seemed kind of beat for the low miles, so I passed. But it's funny that everyone I mention the sled to say's there under powered??? However I have also heard they are very reliable!
I have had 500 f/c sleds that would get to 85 in a snap, Oh well....Still looking...

Thanks Again!
Mrmxz

·
Registered
954 Posts
I bought a 2000 550 ss this year with 900 miles on it for $2000. I'm glad to hear it won't go 90 as my 13 year old daughter will be riding it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts