Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my sled back from the dealer on friday . I got all the upgrades . I adjusted the suspension and was very pleased . It rode 10 times better than stock . Now after 200 miles my skid shocks seem wore out or blown . Has any one else had any problems like this ? If this is the case I will have to get the shocks rebuilt every two weeks. Is there somthing I can do about this ? Oh my sled is a f7 sno pro. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
My riding bud (mbikf7) Has the same problem, 50 miles of bad trail and rear shock is mush. He weighs 170 and has rear spring on mid setting. He had the same issue with his 800 zrt (2000) he blew out the rear shocks 2 or three times in 3000 miles. It's not like he is beating the sled TOO hard, He usually rides with me I used to have a 700sx and now have an RX1 and have not had any of the shock issues he has. Also he used to have a 95 zrt and a 98 Zr440 both with fox shocks and neither of them ever had any problems, as soon as he got a cat with ACT shocks he has had nothing but trouble. I'm afraid if he keeps having this much trouble he wont want to ride anymore.

Dave RX1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Perhaps the answer to these shock problems is in the coupling block adj. I think if it is adjusted to couple sooner then BOTH shocks will share the load mor equally. This could keep the rear shock from blowing out. Whudda you guys think???

Dave RX1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts