Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got it done, Only tried it for about 125 miles. But It's Real nice on High speed bumps and could not bottom it out at all! bottoming out as in hitting a 30+ foot jump 15foot in the air and she took it real nice. I tightened the fronts skis 4" of thread showing and the front skid was just to the point that the spring caught, the rear springs were set at 1 and the coupler blocks were at 2, even with this setup I had rather good steering. The straps were on the long hole, I'm 155lbs.
Tomorrow will put blocks on 1, rear sping on two and see what this thing will really do, I did not get to radical today, but tomorrow will be the test if I don't f-up and crash it. We only have 16" of snow so won't be able to try powder.
For you guys that like the cushy soft :rolleyes: :D :) :) ride keep it, but for those that like to push it to the limits WOW is this nice! It even makes it feel faster but still only getting 95-96mph out of my F5 sno pro.
I'm also putting Clicker resevoirs on in about three weeks and the Clutching D&D is Going on next week some time which should wake this sleeper up a bit.
I hope this was a help to some of you and if you have any questions give me a shout,

·
Registered
71 Posts
What upgrade are you talking about ? I have a f7 sno pro I I feel that it is to soft (rear ). What do they give you a stiffer rear spring and revalve ? Let me know so I can talk to my dealer .

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the kits for riders over 225 but I found at 155lbs and the agressive style of riding I do, it works for me better. the kit comes with new valving for all the shocks and springs for the rear skid only (three springs)

"Krom" on F7 heavy spring kit (recommended for riders over 225lbs)

Krom on 9/18/2002 5:56:00 PM

Cat reccomends installing the 20%stiffer kit (for riders over 225lb), it comes with rear springs, a center spring, and shock valving updates. The firecats are sensitive to suspension set up, you should consider having the kit installed. it is PN 3639-064, for std suspension sleds, and 3639-065 (pretty sure on those #'s but I'm working from mermory, your dealer should have them though) for sno pro sleds, at $85 its a pretty good deal, as the rear springs alone will run you about 50.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post some pics Snowblind. I want to see 15' in the air. Not doubting just want to see some sweet pics.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will be coming soon, I got the kids 500Le shocks done as well we should be going out today If he gets out of bed!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I was jumping about 90-100 feet with my sled the other weekend with fellow board member Ryan001. I was going 90-100 feet with my ramps about 20 feet from the crest of a hill and jumping off them and landing down the hill which is about 100 feet, we were going as far ass possible so i backed them up this week end and made the gap 40 feet to the crest of the hill and went about 100 again but there was still room to go farther, but i think we are just gonna stack the ramps up higher and make the gap around 60 feet and go for a jump around 140 feet.

When i was jumping around 100 feet and landing on the downslope my sled did not even bottom out. I have an f7snopro and my suspension is not even set on the max stiffness. But i know the hill helps with less impact that why we have the jump set up to land on a downhill. Flat landing suck because there is nothing to help absorbe your landing and thats when you bottom out, i have a bunch of time, but on the downhill its perfect. .. launch off the ramp.. fly threw the air tap your brake to get level witl the hills downslope and land with a not bad impact.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still too cold for sledding -32C this week and -40C all last week. This is a pic of me last year. Got a third in the local snocross '500 Pro' Won $400 bucks, i just got the shocks on this sled done as well my son rides it now and said it is real stiff. but a few of these jumps, I don't think he'll say that.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
We have no snow or not much to speak of but I was on a snow X track that was pretty much hard pack and dirt and I was hitting the table top and getting about 10-15 feet of air and did not bottom out even if I cased a double it did not bottom out. I have a F7 sno pro and weigh about 190.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts