Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put a 2 inch riser on my 07 CF8SP. Will I have to lengthen the cables?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will fit right on with no cable mods. Just get one from the dealer for a ZR900 and your good to go. They are 2"s right on. It was perfect on my M and I am 5'11"s tall. It will make the sled alot harder to turn.[/b]
Harder to turn? Please explain?

·
Registered
181 Posts
It will fit right on with no cable mods. Just get one from the dealer for a ZR900 and your good to go. They are 2"s right on. It was perfect on my M and I am 5'11"s tall. It will make the sled alot harder to turn.[/b]
I have never heard anybody say a sled is harder to turn when a riser is added. With the handlebars higher it makes it easer to turn in my opinion.

driveumhard you can put our 4" on that sled with no mods.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I think when saying harder to turn they are saying your arms are much more bent at the elbow with taller risers. Less leverage coming from your arms.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
i just ordered up an Ole 3" for my m sled. cant wait. should be able to stand straight now. always abit hunched over with the stock bars.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I think when saying harder to turn they are saying your arms are much more bent at the elbow with taller risers. Less leverage coming from your arms.[/b]

Thank You - Exactly

My wife says the same thing every time she drives my Crossfire 7 - She is a little thing and she always complains about how hard it is to steer in the twisties SITTING DOWN TURNING - Fatigue or tired arms

I notice the same thing sometimes after a long day of sitting down riding in the twisties/woods

Standing up with the riser is another story - SWEET

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thank You - Exactly

My wife says the same thing every time she drives my Crossfire 7 - She is a little thing and she always complains about how hard it is to steer in the twisties SITTING DOWN TURNING - Fatigue or tired arms

I notice the same thing sometimes after a long day of sitting down riding in the twisties/woods

Standing up with the riser is another story - SWEET[/b]
This is why I like this forum, I never thought of that angle before. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
My wife says the same thing every time she drives my Crossfire 7 - She is a little thing and she always complains about how hard it is to steer in the twisties SITTING DOWN TURNING - Fatigue or tired arms[/b]
Same exact situation here. If it was MY sled I'd have a 2" ole riser. Since it's hers and even with the stock riser gets a little tiring for her to turn I get to ride the Crossfire some of the time. Maybe I should put the riser on so I get to ride it all the time :) That would go over real well....not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts