Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been trying to figure out what going on with my sled. It seems it doesnt want to run over 4,000 rpm. the plugs are black like black black. i have gone through reeds, ves valves, sprayed fuel into the carbs, drain fuel, sparkplugs and so on, i have also replace the temp sensor which most people said should be wrong. any other ideas would be great. sled starts like a polaris, and idle's just fine. but once it hits around 4rpm it back fires and studders.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have been trying to figure out what going on with my sled. It seems it doesnt want to run over 4,000 rpm. the plugs are black like black black. i have gone through reeds, ves valves, sprayed fuel into the carbs, drain fuel, sparkplugs and so on, i have also replace the temp sensor which most people said should be wrong. any other ideas would be great. sled starts like a polaris, and idle's just fine. but once it hits around 4rpm it back fires and studders.[/b]
Sounds like you may have Water in your fuel, Try draining the carbs infact i would remove all the gas in the tank and start with fresh fuel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you may have Water in your fuel, Try draining the carbs infact i would remove all the gas in the tank and start with fresh fuel[/b]
dude trust me i have done all that. i rode it 70 plus miles then it started to do all this stuff. tank was up side down dry carbs tore down twice. i have no i deal, thats what i thought 1st. then the reads, then sensor then the fuel pump, now its got to be some dumb sensor

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just a thought. Chase all of your wires near anything that causes a friction point. There may be rub through os just one small wire...

I just bought an '05 600 XC SP with 440 miles that backfired and ran like s$%^. Chased a wire from the CDI box that had rubbed on a mount and created an arc. One freakin wire caused it to run horrible...

Just my 2centz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a thought. Chase all of your wires near anything that causes a friction point. There may be rub through os just one small wire...

I just bought an '05 600 XC SP with 440 miles that backfired and ran like s$%^. Chased a wire from the CDI box that had rubbed on a mount and created an arc. One freakin wire caused it to run horrible...

Just my 2centz[/b]
u know its something so stupid like that. well it looks like its a little back pain tonight and tommorow. hay thanks thats probally what it is. i got all the specs to check evey thing else now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DOES THE SLED RUN OK TILL IT HITS THAT RPM RANGE??THROTTLE RESPONSE OK?[/b]
at 1st it ran good till about 7000 rpm noticed a hesatation then it just got worse. now it will start good then i rev it up and then nothing just a bunch of back firing and not allowing to get up to rev. to answer your question i have no throttle response cause it engages around 4000 rpms then it does it.

·
Registered
44,398 Posts
Bad temp sensor or harness connection?? You can disconnect all the ignition related switches to see if the problem goes away...could be a bad wire or switch. If its still there...probably a stator..kind of rare though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bad temp sensor or harness connection?? You can disconnect all the ignition related switches to see if the problem goes away...could be a bad wire or switch. If its still there...probably a stator..kind of rare though.[/b]
i put a new temp sensor on it, nothing same thing. i also disconnected all the plugs. so i am starting to think stater. but i do want to put a timing light on it. the only thing i didnt unplug was the ingintion.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have been trying to figure out what going on with my sled. It seems it doesnt want to run over 4,000 rpm. the plugs are black like black black. i have gone through reeds, ves valves, sprayed fuel into the carbs, drain fuel, sparkplugs and so on, i have also replace the temp sensor which most people said should be wrong. any other ideas would be great. sled starts like a polaris, and idle's just fine. but once it hits around 4rpm it back fires and studders.[/b]

My sled was running like shit this year also, wouldnt go over 4 or 5,000 rpm and no power. it would run like this and the next time i would ride it it would be fine. i figured i had water in my gas or my spark plugs were shit so i used dry gas and changed plugs and it was still running like shit. i changed my plug caps and it runs awesome now. i duno if thats what you got goin on..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My sled was running like shit this year also, wouldnt go over 4 or 5,000 rpm and no power. it would run like this and the next time i would ride it it would be fine. i figured i had water in my gas or my spark plugs were shit so i used dry gas and changed plugs and it was still running like shit. i changed my plug caps and it runs awesome now. i duno if thats what you got goin on..[/b]
hay good point, that gives me another try. ill let you all know tommorow, pray for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad temp sensor or harness connection?? You can disconnect all the ignition related switches to see if the problem goes away...could be a bad wire or switch. If its still there...probably a stator..kind of rare though.[/b]
your right. had a broken bolt n the stater, when i checked it with the ohm reader it checked out a ok so i didnt open it up and look at it. but when it came down not running after every thing checked out ok started over and then noticed the broken bolt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts