Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some advice. I don't know too much about Arctic cats. My friend's sled when you first start it up only runs on one cylinder till you rev it up. Then the second kicks in and from then on it is fine until it cools right down. Also, it idles very high when you stop after driving it. Almost at the point of engagement. I'm wondering if there are issues with the stator. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Is the sled an efi or carbed?? If carbed I would bet that there is some bad gas plugging an idle jet. Tear the carbs apart and clean them or take them out and have them cleaned by someone who knows what they're doing. :thumbsup:

johnny

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's carbed. Thanks for the advice. I had heard that there may have been issues with the stator on that model that's why I was thinking about it. Also it only happens when it is cold. If you stop for an hour or two, no problem, stop for the night and it is the same thing the next day. Other than that it runs great, strong. Any way, I'll clean the carbs and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I would also do a search for synchronizing them also. That can mess with ya too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts