Hardcore Sledder banner

1999 XCR 800: Fuel pump issues

1401 14
I recently purchased a 1999 Polaris XCR 800 Triple. I need to buy a new fuel pump but I am really struggling to find the correct one for my sled. I think it's just the problem of finding any information regarding the fuel pump. The correct fuel pump is discontinued and I can't seem to find a general one. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,663 Posts
I purchased one of those fuel pumps but the inlets and outlets on it are not the right sizes. I can make them work but they aren't as big to fit on the original hoses. If that one works though I can rig it.
Polaris used those pumps, however Poo had them built for their sleds/engines. I ran into that same issue several times thru the years, I changed out the hose barbs from the old oem pumps and installed them into the new pump.

·
Premium Member
19,047 Posts
I have a buddy who would sell the fuel pump from his 99 XCR700 triple also. It has the same pump. PM 3085798. He's parting it out today.

·
Registered
Edge Fuji 800 Triple Star
861 Posts
Polaris 3085168 is the one I have on both fuji cases.
It will be pentagon and have a main fuel in port, crank pulse line, and 3 outlets.

·
Premium Member
19,047 Posts
Polaris 3085168 is the one I have on both fuji cases.
It will be pentagon and have a main fuel in port, crank pulse line, and 3 outlets.
The 99 and later XCR 700-800 uses 3 rack-mounted carbs with a fuel log located between the carbs feeding into the carbs from two larger inlets, not three individual carbs fed by three smaller fuel lines. That's why he needs a two outlet fuel pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Polaris used those pumps, however Poo had them built for their sleds/engines. I ran into that same issue several times thru the years, I changed out the hose barbs from the old oem pumps and installed them into the new pump.
That's a good idea, thank you. I think this is what I'll do because I have a new fuel pump that Wahl bros says has enough flow rate the issue is the barbs for the hoses being the wrong diameters. How do you remove the hose barbs, can you hit them out?

·
Premium Member
40,663 Posts
That's a good idea, thank you. I think this is what I'll do because I have a new fuel pump that Wahl bros says has enough flow rate the issue is the barbs for the hoses being the wrong diameters. How do you remove the hose barbs, can you hit them out?
If you have the internals removed, heat "slightly" the aluminum housing and twist them out with a small vise grips or??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.