Hardcore Sledder banner

1999 xcr 700 piston

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cadmaker 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a new or good used stock piston and rings. The ring locator on on one of mine got pushed in too deep and wrecked the ring. cylinder is fine luckily. If anyone has one they want to sell, let me know. Thanks.

Rim Tire Wheel Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

See less See more
#5 ·
My riding buddy is parting a 99 XCR 700 out right now. Just robbed the lower end (Crankcase rods, crank) to replace a bad one in his 800 XCR. has cylinders, pistons, exhaust valves, carbs, pipes, heads, waterpump, entire chassis, track, front and rear suspension, skis, clutches, chaincase, drivers, jackshaft, airbox, seat w/fuel tank, stator, flywheel, CDI, ignition coils, etc, etc. The engine was running perfectly.

Also has a crank with 3 bad bearings and a crankcase from an 03 XCR 800.

#8 ·
I ordered 3 wiseco's yesterday. I figure for less then 100. a hole I couldn't go wrong. The top end is in really good shape besides the ring locator on the one piston. I still didn't like the idea of 1 fresh piston and 2 older ones so I'll replace all 3. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.