Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this sled for sale localy 1999 POLARIS XC 600 INDY XC600 TWIN. What is your opinion of this sled? What was its strong points and shortcomings of this sled. Is the engine usually dependable? It has a burned down piston. I dont know if the piston burned down because of carberation or a crankcase seal? Does this model sled have any specific maintainance issues? Things to look for when I check it over. What would you pay for it?? Any help would be great!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
They are a great, reliable sled. Most likely the cylinder burnt down because the owner didnt drain the gas out of the motor during the summer and the jets got gummed up. It could be crankcase seal too, but you wont know untill you tear it apart and investiagte what caused it to sieze.
Overall, the 600 is a great motor. Untill the 600 HO came out, Id say it was the best engine Polaris ever put in a sled. Ive got over 6,000 miles on my '01 with no issues and it still pulls 16 mpg crusing the trails yet when I wanna open it up, its never lacking for power.
Overall, just check the basic things you check for when buying any used sled. Check the track, check the tunnel for big dents and check for bent trailing arms and bent radius rods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts