Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer has an XCR 440 with around 3500 miles on it that I can get for a decent price, as a backup sled. what i am wondering is if anyone of you guys have any information on these sleds. I had a buddy that had one of these sleds and it was very fast, they seem like they would be a great platform for some modifications. What do you guys think?

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
382 Posts
Originally posted by 98PSI700RMK@Oct 8 2005, 09:06 PM
A local dealer has an XCR 440 with around 3500 miles on it that I can get for a decent price, as  a backup sled. what i am wondering is if anyone of you guys have any information on these sleds. I had a buddy that had one of these sleds and it was very fast, they seem like they would be a great platform for some modifications. What do you guys think?

Mark
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917255
[/quote]

Go for it! Awsome sled, a friend of mine had a 96, the thing was bulletproof, put out a good # of horses and handled great. :m2c:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also does anyone know if 600 cylinders will fit on this 440 crankcase? I know the new 600 ho motor has a 440 case, thats why wondering if the 600 cylinders off the RMK or XC for that year will fit. ON the newer motors at least i know that the 440 motor had heavier shafts than the 600 did. Thats why i want this platform, to make a nice mod sled. Does anyone know or know if i can get any info on this besides from the dealer.

Thanks Mark :beerchug:
 

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,254 Posts
the cylinders you are talking about are big block cylinders, and won't fit that 440 case
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by racerdave@Oct 9 2005, 06:12 AM
the cylinders you are talking about are big block cylinders, and won't fit that 440 case
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917486
[/quote]

The 600 was a big block that year, i thought as much but i couldnt remember what year they went to a small block 600, how about newer XC small block cylinders would these work. (THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT PROBEBLY WONT EVEN DO IT) Also what kid of set up are any of you guys runnung on these sleds such as Clutch springs, weights, Helixes, and gearing. Also anyone have pipes on theirs, if so what kind. :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,574 Posts
That little 440 works well, flat handling, and very stable. I have a few tricks for it if you would like. I will be hard to get ahold of for the next week, whitetail muzzleloader season, some fishing, and some goose/duck hunting. Holidays!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,636 Posts
I have one of these sleds. Amazing 440 is all I have to say. As far as aftermarket I have v-froce reeds and HSP clutching. The Helix I belive is 36S and I run both white primary & secondary springs. Pockets said to use and Orange seconday which I have to put in yet. Stock gearing is 22/41 and I am running 20/41 I belive for races last year but I think ill go to 21/41. The engines are fine tuned so I would leave them the way they are...don't pipe it or that. You will suprise the 600s in thoes years with that sled. Humm...anything eles...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by pockets@Oct 9 2005, 03:52 PM
That little 440 works well, flat handling, and very stable. I have a few tricks for it if you would like. I will be hard to get ahold of for the next week, whitetail muzzleloader season, some fishing, and some goose/duck hunting. Holidays!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918171
[/quote]

Heck yeah let me know what i should do. I havent bought the seld yet, but i am going to pretty much for sure. Any info you could give me would be appriciated.
I wanted one of these ever since they first came out, plus it would be a nice addition to my 700 RMK.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone else has anymore info on these little XCR's send it my way.... I looking for a good trail setup as well as a setup for Draging..... which is what im going to do with it race it in the 440 class. Let me know what you think, or setups you have tried. Thanks Mark . :beerchug:

Pockets- Any info that you have for me i will gladly accept :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
How Much Horsepower Do Those Have Like 95 Or More. My Dad Thinks That Would Beat My 2005 F6 EFI In A Race. What Do You Guys Think, I Think it Would Get Smoked By MY Sled
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by T-Poor23@Oct 14 2005, 08:09 PM
How Much Horsepower Do Those Have Like 95 Or More. My Dad Thinks That Would Beat My 2005 F6 EFI In A Race. What Do You Guys Think, I Think it Would Get Smoked By MY Sled
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930654
[/quote]

Accoding to what i have read right around a 100hp is about right but they are so fast because they are so dang light just under 480lbs a well tuned XCR 400 might give you a run for your money up to 90 but after that its a slow climb.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top