Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's possible to use an ignition coil/CDI from a 1998 XC 700 and put it in my 98 XC 600? Are they the same or close to? They look identical. I can get the 700 coil for extremely cheap but can't find the 600 coil anywhere used and really don't want to drop $314 on a new one if I don't have to. Let me know what you think, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if it's possible to use an ignition coil/CDI from a 1998 XC 700 and put it in my 98 XC 600? Are they the same or close to? They look identical. I can get the 700 coil for extremely cheap but can't find the 600 coil anywhere used and really don't want to drop $314 on a new one if I don't have to. Let me know what you think, thanks![/b]

Ok, so I was able to find a used ignition coil for a 99 xc600 and it looks exactly the same as my 98 xc600's and the 2 plugs fit in perfectly. I was able to start my sled and ran it for a couple minutes. My question now is, will running the 99 ignition coil on my sled do any harm to it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I was able to find a used ignition coil for a 99 xc600 and it looks exactly the same as my 98 xc600's and the 2 plugs fit in perfectly. I was able to start my sled and ran it for a couple minutes. My question now is, will running the 99 ignition coil on my sled do any harm to it?[/b]

ttt^

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
ttt^

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks,

Jason[/b]
The part for the 99 XC600 should be 2201164. The fiche for the 98 XC600 says this is an acceptable replacement. So if that's the part you have, it should work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The part for the 99 XC600 should be 2201164. The fiche for the 98 XC600 says this is an acceptable replacement. So if that's the part you have, it should work.[/b]

I'll check that part # out!

thanks,

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts