Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my wifes 1998 formula 500DLX over the weekend and it seemed like the back did not have the springs on it. When it is sitting on the ground the rear sags down about 6 inches, you can pick it up but it falls back down. Everything looks like it is hooked up the right way. When you put the sled up on rollers if you put it in the middle of the track the rear sits up where it should. Do the rear springs need to be replaced? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a new shock from the dealer and it was not a gas shock so it did not change the amount of sag that it has. Could the rear springs be worn out. I was working on it last night and I realized that if it sits on the ground it sags. If you support the skid in the middle it does not sag but if you support it in the rear of the skid it sags?

·
Registered
508 Posts
The rear springs are shot. The shocks do not hold the rear end up. If you take the shock out the rear end still should stay up.

Joe C.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got my new springs today from Kimpex and my new shock from skidoo. I put all of the parts on and set the preload to the highest setting and it still does not want to hold the back of the sled up all the way. With other people sleds how far can you pick up the sled before the track comes off the ground? When I sit on it the snow flap is almost on the ground. while I had the back apart nothing seemed to be bent and it all moved freely. On my Arctic cat it may be a inch should it be the same with the formula.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Slowride - whatever you do, get that thing fixed. It won't turn worth crap the way it is!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts