Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 1997 zrt 600 with about 3200 miles on it.It has clutch work and a reichards silencer(not sure if that's how you spell it),anyways I take it around the yard and it's perfect,lots-o-torque and power.Next day I take it out to wash it and it wouldn't keep running (fuel pump issue) fixed that,my (brake pistons stuck out and gettin that fixed),now it reves up but doesn't go anywhere.I'm wishin it's not the clutch,looked fine to me.Checked all bearings,they're fine and everything else seems fine.Any ideas?

Also,is there any silencer out there that's much more quieter than mine?Thanks for the help.

The guy runs Klotz oil in it,would it do any damage if I switched to Amsoil Interceptor?And he also runs premium gas and was wondering If I can switch it to unleaded?Way too expensive for that fuel.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Does it try to engage? If not, could be broken chain.

·
Vendor
334 Posts
everything moves.No broken chain.It's gotta be the clutch since it wont move the belt(unless moved manually)[/b]
No problems mixing the Amsoil with Klotz.
You will probably have a little "unique" smelling exhaust, but that is not problem.

Rick

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you take the belt off, and turn the secondary clutch by hand, does it move freely, and turn the track ok? If so, then it is the primary for sure. I had a ZL 440 that had been garaged for a few years, and the brake caliper was stuck, so it held the rotor, and would not allow the track to move. I had to take the caliper off, and use a vise grip clamp to compress the brake piston. Once I had it compressed, I re-installed the caliper, and it worked like new. It just had some surface rust from sitting.

Let us know.

--Monza

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New carbs/carb boots and I gotta work all the bubbles out of my lines.That's what the dealer said,they said the secondary is fine?I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
263 Posts
always run the best fuel you can.if you need a clutch i have a good used one for you.to get the air out of your lines reach in and grab the oil pump lever on hold it wide open with a clothes hanger or heavy wire until you see all the bubbles disappear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is he has it set-up to engage at 6,000 RPM which I'm guessin is for racing?I need a trail set-up.I don't wanna spent $180 on a clutch kit either.Maybe a swap of clutches???

·
Registered
356 Posts
This might sound dumb but is the clutch wett? lol. i washed my old 80' ss once and the clutches were barly wett and it wouldn't move. I thought i broke it but felt dumb after i figured it out...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts