Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many xcr 440s polaris made in 97? Are they a rare? It has the VES engine with the unpainted head.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
While I'm not an expert on those and do not know production numbers, I think those are on the rare side for sure. There are plenty of people here that do know. Is this one of the red ones with the clear sculpted gas tank?

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
While I'm not an expert on those and do not know production numbers, I think those are on the rare side for sure. There are plenty of people here that do know. Is this one of the red ones with the clear sculpted gas tank?
Correct, as this was the race sled. The production model was the XC 440 with the high output non power valve 440. Not to be confused with the Indy 440 and it's low output 440.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
What year did the XC(R) 440 have a rear shock adjuster located near the handlebars? It was around '96 or '97, I believe. I tested one out and was impressed.

<edit>
The one I drove was white.

·
Registered
181 Posts
They were race only in 97. Minimum production of 500 units. If I remember right when the 98s were released the racers had an option of purchasing the updated engine and electronics package? Or something of that nature For the 97s? You were supposed to return the 97 motor as part of deal. Mine never made it back. 96 had the dial adjust shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts