Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a replacement seat cover for my 1997 Polaris Indy Trail 488. According to the parts diagram for this sled the Part Number is 2682104 "Cover, Seat, Long (Trail)".

I received some recommendations to look at Saddlemen Seat Skins but I cannot find a cover with the Indy Trail in the fitment specifications. I do see some seat covers for sale on ebay that claim to fit, but am skeptical and want to be sure.

From what I understand there are two seat sizes? One that is 31" from tank fill neck to seat back seam and one that is 28". My seat seems to measure a bit longer, about 31.5" to front of fill neck and 32"-33" to center of fill neck.

Am I safe in assuming that a seat cover advertised to fit another model i.e. Indy 500 EFI (PN 2682111) or Indy XLT RMK (PN 2682114) will also fit the Trail? Is there a reason the Trail doesn't appear in any of the Saddlemen fitment specifications? Other recommendations welcomed!

Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip on Scotty’s Sled Shed. Sent them a message about a cover they have. Hopefully it works out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the advice, was contemplating which material to get for the seat top. Your lettering came out great, and the red accents are a nice touch. Going to request purple to match the "pin striping" on the hood of my sled.

Thanks.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,672 Posts
A pic of your original seat would help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts